• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    i usd 2 typ liek dis, && i thot it waz soo kool!

Yeah, no. That was when I was younger, and now, looking back, I realize that typing like that is plain idiocy, and extremely annoying!

I only type like that when I'm in a hurry and can't spell out everything in time. And even then, it's not as extreme as above, or even close!

Lol, lmao, rofl, and ily don't bother me, and I use some forms of 'slang' like 'dun' and 'ur', but not that often. Although I do prefer 'haha' to 'lol'.

I even tell people who are texting me or messaging me to quit typing like a moron, and use proper English, or stop messaging me! We made the English language for a reason, and I like to type as I would speak. ;D

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I don't really mind it as long as I understand the message and the person is saying something that isn't incoherent, but it of course depends where that language is being used. For instance, it's fine on IMs and texts, but having a good grammar in a discussion forum is seriously required.

Then again, I've mostly lost my faith in the current generation of children, so I'm not expecting them to have good sense or grammar and am prepared to deal with it.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I don't mind it, I don't talk like that because it doesn't make me look professional.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Sometimes I talk like that. But it's only with certain online friends. I try not to talk like that with anyone else. (Although I fail at it sometimes.)

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    Yes i strongly dislike it when people talk like that. I always tell them to stop (unless they cant help it and they arent doing it on purpose)

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Hate that too, but I'm used on LOL... it's all I understand since I started using the net... I'm not really used in chatting... When I use my PC all I'm doing is gaming, and lol is what I got there... lol

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
    I hate it :[ !
    The only "Slang" that I use is LOL or ROFL or LMAO ... And making a incredibly amount of dots sometimes ... But only sometimes I swear :[ !

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well sometimes it's okay. But if you're trying to be serious joo dond tolk liek dis. r joo zeriusly goeeng 2 tolk liek dis at teh enterviewz? But that is completely different from 1337 5p34k. b3c4u53 1n 1337 5p34k, v3ry f3w p30p13 c4n und3r574nd y0u.

I think there is a right time and a wrong time to talk like that. For some instances it's okay. For example, Meme's and 4chan:

so i herd u liek mudkipz?

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

I'm sure that's a time when all of use fellow Pokecommunityers can appreciate. But don't use it in a serious and intellectual conversation.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
    Yes it's really annoying. It shows that you have know intention to even try to write like a regular person. I don't mind if someone has a little bit of bad grammar, as long that look like they are trying.

Some people do it either because of laziness or because they aren't even TRYING to type.

I'll admit that my grammar isn't the best either but that doesn't mean I'm capable of getting my point across. Not everyone has perfect grammar or spelling... it's just a matter of whether you are doing to be a n00b or you're actually REALLY trying to type.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    If someone talks like that, I automatically loose a little bit of respect for them. It's a pretty good judge of character from what I've seen. :P

Of course, when I'm chatting I'll say things like "lol" or "jk" or "brb," since they're just plain useful.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I don't actually know anyone that "tlks liek dis" but yeah I can see how that would get annoying. I'm annoyed already haha.

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
    Yep. I just hate it sometimes.

"Writing liek dis"

annoys me because it makes me think that people don't know how to spell. I understand if people have wrong grammar sometimes. Everyone doesn't have perfect grammar. But at least they're actually trying. It gets hard for me to read and understand few times also. Though I still use LOL and ROFL too. I don't hate those because they're just simply relatively easy to use.

Last edited:

Romantica

the danger in starting a fire
    Years
    It's one of my biggest peeves. I can't take anyone seriously that types like that.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yeah, sometimes. Many of my classmates tend to spell that way it takes a while to understand them. It doesn't bother bother me though, but somtimes it gets in my nerves. though sometimes I type like that when I seriously can't be bothered, so don't flame ppl hu typ lyk dat 2 bad.

Years
    I don't hate a person who types like this, however, if it is in a discussion, I normally ignore their views, no matter how intelligent they may be.

If is worth listening too and taking note off, then why should I have to struggle to understand what they are saying?

Back