• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you accept random friend requests?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • And by that, I mean requests sent by a member you've got no real memories of speaking to. Why or why not?!

Years
  • No. I have limited my friend list to 20 people so unless the person who requests my friendship is someone worthy in my opinion, they won't replace my existing 20.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
  • No.
    I may be new here, but I already had 3 random friend requests here and denied them all, so I guess that I can say that xD

If I add someone as a friend, I have to talk with them before.. or some other good reason for It (like when AlexOzzyCake adopted me here :3).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, sure. Why not? Take a risk to meet people! And besides, it's only a list. I don't really care who is on it anyway. But if it's on something more personal, like say FB, then yeah, I think I want to know who it is first. Safety first!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No. I have limited my friend list to 20 people so unless the person who requests my friendship is someone worthy in my opinion, they won't replace my existing 20.
    Can't there be more worthy people than only 20?

Anyhow, I don't, and I also clean it up like every once in a month, I don't see a point of having people on it who I never talk to or only talked to once, so yea. Not that it's that big of a deal, but I just don't like clutter.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I use my friends list to answer things like OVP questions that are member-related and such, so I like to keep it to people I know. Except for staff because as coworkers even if we don't talk I have no problem being friends with them haha.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Not anymore. I used to, but then I would never talk to or see them ever again, so there's really no point.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I do... I accept all friend requests, but I never give them out. I tend to massage whoever friend requests me afterwards.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    sometimes. if i'm in a bad mood, i won't accept random friend adds. if i'm in an okay mood, it depends if i like the person who added me or not, and if i'm in a great mood, i accept pretty much everyone.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I have yet to deny a friend request. But one of these days though I will probably get around to deleting the ones I don't think I ever talked too especially ones that aren't active on the site anymore.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I only accept a request from someone that I've either spoken to casually or I've spoken to a lot in a specific section. I'll add some other people too from events/adoptions etc, but I try and keep it just to people I've spoken to or will speak to. :3 Plus I clean my friends list out occasionally so if I don't remember someone, they'll be removed. :p

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I tend to accept more random friend requests than not nowadays honestly, who knows maybe I can strike up a entertaining convo with them if I'm not too busy looking something up first.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I accept all on here, just be willing to talk to me or have me add you on skype/msn

For places like Facebook, I have to know you. I'm open about things online, but I'm just a tiny bit more private there on FB...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • If someone friends me, I accept. I've been that way since I joined. I feel like it's antisocial not to. I never clean out my friend list either... except for if people get perma-banned. I don't like having banned users on my friend list, it looks messy lol.

Years
  • I do, because I don't see a reason why not. It's just a fun little feature of the forums. It probably means my number is really inflated compared to who I really talk to, especially since I've been accepting these things since the feature was first introduced, but I don't mind so much.

Back