• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually know how to play the TCG?

Collecting for...

• Show

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • Play

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Both

Votes: 58 45.7%

• Total voters

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've started to learn, a few different times over the last.. 11 years, buuut I've never really stuck with it and fully learned.

I used to collect the cards, but I never really played the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I know how to play the game, i remember playing in school. also made my own game up which was more like the gb games (focused more on raising, it takes ages to play through properly).

it was good fun, my fire/psy deck was undefeated among my friends. never went competitive though

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't collect them anymore but I used to get them just for the sake of having a collection. I never played, only rarely with my friend where we made up the rules anyways...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I used to collect them but I did not know how to play it but now I wish I could have them back. I traded them for someones Halloween candy! lol, True story.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I collect and play. Well, after a touch up on the rules I'll be fine. Fact is i created a deck not long ago called Forest Onrush but, not sure how good it is.

Aepriz

Black Rose Collector
    Years
    Theer where 2 type of card , one of the game ..
    And one purely made for trading , I know I had a collection of those made for trading .

As for the game , I 'knew' the rules because I played the game one Game boy .. lol but never with the cards themself

Years
    When I used to collect the cards I did not, I was about 6 and I remember just wanting to get the Charizard card.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Collected with the intent of play, but there was never the circumstance nor persons do play it with, and I never learnt how to anyway.
    In the end I just made up my own little adventure game with my second sister.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I don't know how to play any kind of Trading Card Game. However, when I was younger, I collected them until I somehow lost them all.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I used to play...a long time ago. I have a huge stack of cards somewhere in my room. Never really got to battle anyone, it took too long, I have a short attention span, about halfway through the game I would just quit. That would explain my losing streak.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I think I used to know the rules, but once I realized how many energies you need for a working deck, I kind of gave up on that and started collecting them for the pretty pictures. ^_^ Energies aren't cute at all. One time we tried to play with lego pieces for energies, but found the game kind of disappointing. It seems like there's no point in playing without a structured deck, with multiples of pre-evolved Pokemon, something I never had (pretty pictures being my top priority).

I'm still looking for a particular Umbreon card, if anyone is looking to sell! It's the one from Neo Discovery, with a purple temple in the background.

Optiimus

Ctrl + W ;)
    Years
    i soo used to be a pro!
    but wtf now?
    its full changed
    like with all this "x" things
    example: x-Kyogre
    like wtf?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Yes, I do know how to play the TCG... in fact, the game play of the cards made me continue playing it, even if the D/P had a major overhaul in the rules change.

But now I'm merely collecting, cause like, the decks these days are all the same and not much fun anymore when most of your opponents have the same boring deck strategy you can predict and only lots of rare cards can counteract it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Umm, i know how to but not officially.

I just made a deck might post it.

Back