• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually laugh when you say 'lol' or 'rofl'?

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
  • Well I don't really say it in real life. Sometimes I do it on purpose though when something funny comes up when talking to my friend. We'll go like

'Lmaaaaaaaaaaao~' in a silly way and it's pretty fun xd

Years
  • I normally will say that I found something funny or hilarious, and when I use lol, it's just a quick short 'meh' reply.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I rarely say "rofl" but when I do say "lol" or "rofl" then there is a 5% chance that I will actually have smiled and a 1% chance that I laughed.

Years
  • From time to time, yes. A lot of the time it is something I use to lighten a text or post. This way nobody gets offended by a raw, expressionless text or post. Lol <--- you see : )

Vandesdelca

The one who would seize glory
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 6, 2015
    Sometimes I laugh, but sometimes I don't. I laugh at a lot of stuff though, so I probably laugh more than I should. :<

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If I type 'lol', it usually means I smiled a bit in some way. For lmao or rofl I probably giggled or smiled properly, lmfao means I actually did laugh a bit. Thing is that when I'm typing these things I'm usually alone, and I don't laugh as much when I'm by myself. idk

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    I don't use rofl that often unless I can be bothered to do so and I use lol for when something makes me happy.

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • For me, lol and other such terms just seem awkward. I don't like them at all. If I thought something was funny, I'll tell you, often accompanied by my favourite face: XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I usually use lol when I am pretending I found something funny or it amused me slightly.
    I use XD if it made me smile but it didn't actually make me laugh.
    I use LMAO or ROFL when I actually laughed.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I sometimes just smile or laugh out and if i laugh out i show it to my sis :P :P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Most of the time I use those kind of abbreviations, I don't laugh, as they're more a sign of showing that I found something at least a bit fun, though that really depends. Sometimes I do laugh when I type it, and that can usually be seen if it's either in caps, or something like "hahahahaha", though otherwise, not really.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I occasionally do laugh or smirk when I put "LOL" or "ROFLOL", but it depends on what I'm reading is amusing to me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I don't use any of them, never really got interested in using them. When I see them in other's posts, I have to go to the previous two or three posts to try and figure out what they were laughing at (half the time I never understand it).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't even remember the last time I used lol or any of that.

Back