• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually like Pok?mon?

Do you like Pok?mon?

• Yes

Votes: 101 65.6%
  • Only some of it (i.e. games, anime...)

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Well, being a member here I think would imply some likeness to Pok?mon so I can't see how someone choose the option No.

As for me I like them, maybe not super in love as others are but I like them enough to enjoy the effort of collecting them and getting certain merchandise.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I like bits of pokemon, I like the games, but i've gone off the card and, stuff like that, I've started watching the animie, So i only like bits of pokemon.

-Matt

Guest123_x1

I used to like the anime, but after season 4, it basically blew butt. I retired from the games a few years ago and traded them in. Now I only obsess over girl anime characters.

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Yes, I still very much Pokemon. Even though I never really watch the show anymore (Becuase I'm either at the veternarian's office, or I don't want to watch it at mom's house because I often get embarrassed about that stuff), I do watch the movies still, mainly because I have them on the computer XD And I still play the games a lot. So overall, I do still like Pokemon very much.

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    I do everything to do with Pokemon alot especially the games they are brilliant.I watch Pokemon on the telly sometimes and i watched every Pokemon film there is and i also collect some Pokemon stuff especially plushies.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I still like Pokemon. I had about all the games at one point and watched the anime often.
    Now, not as much because I have other things to do in life. But at times I still get on to my old habits and start playing the games from time to time.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    I still like the games (even if they are always the same...) and like the TCG, even if I'm not playing it at the moment...

The anim? and the movies started to be awful, and the characters are still very childish!

Also, I don't believe a forum about Pok?mon has to be plainly about it, we can check may sub-forums where there are many non-Pok?mon things!

I can say I like Pok?mon, but it's not how it used to be... I'm getting concentrated on several other hobbies, such as games, hardware and ... (etc...) so I can't, I don't, I won't be at Pok?mon much! I still do the cards, play them, play the games, but...

BROOKE_&_LUGIA

Certified Pinkaholic
    Years
    Yea, I still like pokemon and everything, but I'm just not as into it as I was when I was little. I'll never really get "TIRED" of pokemon, I just won't be as involved in it AS MUCH because I'm getting older.

None of the kids at my school really LIKE pokemon anymore. They think it's babyish. And I'm in 7th grade, BTW.

BTW, I never really liked the anime anyway though. I only watched it so I could learn how to pronunciate their names [the pokemon's](lol).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I like pokemon tons still <3

Lately I haven't been into it as much, but I've gotte much more into it now o_o

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    The game? definitely

The manga? definitely

The fanfic? definitely

The anime? besides looking at the occassional glimpse of Haruka who's totally cute, not that much...

The card game? too annoyed at how they ban every single card in the old list... wish they'll do ban list more like yugioh so it conserves some money... due to financial reasons, not really as well, but I'll like to.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
    Years
    Well, if I didn't like Pokemon, I wouldn't have searched for a Pokemon forum to join.
    To answer the question (though I don't think I need to, as the answer is obvious) yes, I do like Pokemon, all parts of it. I've bought every one of the games (with the exception of the DS ones) and finished them all (with the exception of Emerald, I'm still working on it) and I watch the anime whenever I can. I've hunted for the soundtrack, any merchandise I can find (I like the figures) and I'm simply obsessed. Although I haven't read much of the manga...but I've been looking for it. And Drake1012, I'm in Year 11, so think of how I'm classified. Not that I care, its well worth it, as I enjoy myself for hours.

Years
    I love pokemon.

Alot of people tell me I need to grow up and get out of it bu I am a die hard Nintendo fan and anything that has to do with the company is appreciated by me.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

I used to be really obsessed. I played all the games, watched every episode and movie, and bought cards like every week. Of course, that was before high school. Now that I'm more mature, I can see that some things just aren't worth it. I don't want to buy booster packs just for that one rare card. And there are far better animes than Pokemon so I'd rather watch those.

But the games still have their natural addictiveness, even through the years and even though it's the same general storyline again and again.

Drawing Pokemon is also really fun too, so that's another aspect of it that I enjoy.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I dislike a lot of the Pok?mon craze. The card games, the cartoons, a bunch of the extra spinoff games (like Hey You! Pikachu, the Stadium and Colisseum games were cool).

Basically it comes down to liking the RPGs and the concept behind it all.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    Outskate said:
    I've noticed quite a lot of people saying 'Yea, and I like Pok?mon, of course! That's why I'm here!' or something along the lines of that. The question is, do you actually like Pok?mon? I don't really like it so much now, but since when I first joined PC some time ago (You can actually find me in the archives of PC) I did like Pok?mon. The only reason I'm still here because this is a forum that is actually popular and has a wide fanbase of fans of other anime that I've been liking after Pok?mon, and also a community of Pok?mon Manga loving freaks.

I really enjoyed up until Gold and Silver, when it just started getting repetitive. The show also started being the same old thing, and when Nintendo took over the cards...pbbt

I still like it, but I'm not spending money on it XD

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
    It depends of my mood but you don't have that so I chose "Only some of it (i.e. games, anime...) "

Back