• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

Years
    Yes, I'm in for competitive battling for 2 months.

offtopic: But TBH this metagame is getting boring with Scizor and Salamence appearing once in every 5 teams...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Pokemon is awesome~ I restarted my yellow version a couple days ago to play through it again for the nostalgic value.. plus it is so awesomely fun! (And I've always wanted to catch a mew and now I know how <333 )

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Pokemon is awesome~ I restarted my yellow version a couple days ago to play through it again for the nostalgic value.. plus it is so awesomely fun! (And I've always wanted to catch a mew and now I know how <333 )
    I like the sad Pikachu noise in that game. Play through Stadium too and unlock the special Pikachu (I think there was a special Pikachu? O_o)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nowadays, I just play the games. Mostly Diamond. Before I used to love the anime. But I don't watch the anime anymore(stopped watching after Honen), so I turned to the games. Now I really don't play the games too much. It seems like I am getting off my fandom. I just come here to post in other sections, go to my blog, and reply my VMs mostly. Sometimes I will check out the Pokemon sections, but it will be rare.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yes, I'm in for competitive battling for 2 months.

offtopic: But TBH this metagame is getting boring with Scizor and Salamence appearing once in every 5 teams...

Don't worry, that's not off-topic lol. I know people who have quit OU because of stuff like that (including me lol).

But anyway, I like Pokemon. The anime is pretty horrible imo and I haven't collected trading cards since the 1st generation and I had all of them except Articuno, but man they have changed a lot. Nothing that could grab my interest again.

I still like the games since besides the people telling you you're a Pokemon master all the time (which makes it hard for new players to realize how much different competitive is, including me in 2007), it isn't really childish or anything and it's actually very difficult to beat the Battle Frontier. Ask anybody who has tried it - a mere little kid probably can't beat it.

I also like Pokemon for the competitive play, which I guess is a whole different way of socializing in a lot of aspects. You get to chat with your friends and watch their battles.

At the same time, there have been times where I've stayed at PC only for the social aspect of it. I've quit competitive Pokemon several times (sometimes for a break, sometimes because I needed the metagame to stop being horrible and unplayable, but never out of disliking Pokemon itself really), so I stayed around to call D_A ginger (<3), to say that Aura is too conservative (<3<3), and to give them all a taste of history of the history of the Great War (<3<3<3)...which reminds me, I sure did spare you with the lack of battle log in the wandering thread, so please thanks me ^_^

But seriously, I'm here for both. If I lost most of my friends or wanted to quit competitive permanently, I would probably leave. Luckily, neither of those things are going to happen anytime soon, so I guess my friends are going to have to put up with my Anti's America lectures on the server for quite a bit longer, lol.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I still love Pokémon. <3 Although I derive a lot of enjoyment from non-Pokémon sections here, I am still very much a fan. ^__^

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I do love Pokémon and I'm not afraid to hide it - I'm at the age where people start to stop judging you for things like that. I still play the games almost every day, and I collect plush now.

I just find the discussions more interesting in Other Chat etc. most of the time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I still play the game because *dumdumdum* I like RPG's. Yep. And my parents still go "You still play Pokémon games?", and refuse to understand the game is not the anime >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

Yes... Yes, I do...
    I don't see a point in suddenly letting it go, unless I got bored, which will probably not happen.
    But even though I still like Pokemon, I'm not that mad type of a fan. I don't like the toys, plushies, or whatever there are in existence. I only play the games and used to watch the anime.
    I still love Pokemon, but only the games, and nothing else - not the anime and not the manga... But if you're talking about the older anime back then, then I must say I still insanely love them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    What do you think, I would never come here to join if I don't like pokemon. Of course I love pokemon, from the shows to the games x3.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Yup i do like Pokemon, not as much as i did a few months ago...But i still do. I use to post in a lot of sections around PC but i shayed away from posting at all lately D:

Scarred Sean-o

The rare wanderer.
    Years
    I do love Pokémon and I'm not afraid to hide it - I'm at the age where people start to stop judging you for things like that. I still play the games almost every day, and I collect plush now.
    You saying that makes me wounder, I'm 27 in December and I still play Pokemon for 20 odd hours a week but there's only two other person that know I play Pokemon.
    One who is a hardcore player and my bro who stopped years ago, but no one else knows besides people here.
    But I meanly play racing games since I'm a big petrol head ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No I don't really like it, lol. I watched a few episodes of the first anime series and 2 of the movies and I only ever played one of the games (Pokemon Ruby).
    I can't remember why I actually joined, I think my brother wanted to find out how to do something on Emerald and asked me to find a walkthrough.

Years
    Pokemons is boring.
    I am here for the bicthes!

But seriously, I stopped playing Pokemon about a year ago.
    The only reason I am still around is to talk to people!

Years
    I love Pokemon! Especially the special manga and the games <3333
    I'm not really seeing the anime anymore (I think that's what most people think of first when they hear Pokemon, so yeah...)

Back