• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
    I only really love the games anymore. I used to watch the anime until Misty left. After that, I quit watching. :/

Years
    I only really love the games anymore.

^ this.

The very reason I was interested in Pokémon in the first place was for the games, they're entertaining and a great time killer, from then on I managed to get interested in the anime (though I more or less stopped watching it after Johto, anything beyond that didn't perk my interest.) I like Pokémon but I'm not so much of a fan as I used to be when I was younger, I guess when you get into something like this at a young age eventually you'll find new interests that would make you grow out of it a tad bit, but of course that's not the same for everyone, just for me.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Yeah, but I don't like what's become of the fanbase, and to a lesser extent, the Pokemon community on this forum. People always complain about how this or that sucks, or how much they hate this Pokemon and how much they're a fan of that Pokemon, and how Gardevoir is hot and they want him (yes, him) to be their girlfriend.

I like all Pokemon really, as the little fuzzy monsters, and I naturally prefer some over others. Sometimes I say I strongly dislike a certain Pokemon, but that's only relative.

I spend most of my time on this forum in the D/P/Pt Quick Questions and Answer thread, the Other Cards and Other Games sections, and on-and-off in OT/OVP/OC; when there's a good discussion up, I'll be glad to reply.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The only aspect of pokemon I'm still interested in is battling. As for the anime, TCG and playing through the actual games, I suppose I could pass, but I still consider myself a fan of Pokemon in general :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I just like playing the games , especially the Spinoff ones ( PMD , Ranger )

NatureKeeper

Pokémon is my second life... :)

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
    Years
    I've always loved pokemon and I think I always will. There is always something new to see weather it's places or pokemon. Thats waht makes it so cool

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I still like Pokémon. I've been a fan for a long time and I've gotten even more into it over the last year. I post both in the Pokémon forums and in other forums.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I love Pokemon. I've loved it since I was pretty young and the first games came out in the US. There was a long time where I sort of put it on hiatus, but I've been through some rough points during these past few years and Pokemon became a nice reminder of simpler times. So, yes, I'm back in the obsession. ^^

As for actually posting in Pokecomm, I'm not really tied to any specific section. Even at 70+ posts I don't know many people, so I just skim and speak up when I'm interested.

DaMexicanMadness

Gotta Love Incubus!!
    Years
    I revived my love for pokemon a year ago when i stumbled upon all my old pokemon games and just got hooked to Silver & Ruby and then I found out they were releasing Heart Gold & Soul Silver and i was like Good god yes!!! And then i got hooked into watching the anime again! :) So yeah i love pokemon lol, brings back great childhood memories!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm a fan of the old first two generations. Pokemon should've been killed there, having run the best of its commercial and moral course by then.
    That is, I don't like what Pokemon has become today as a franchise and anime, but do like the original games and obscure untranslated manga (you know, the ones where the monsters can talk?) that set its foundations in stone.

I actually ought to be around the GB/GBC section more since my motive for staying here beyond a thousand posts was originally to help people.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    If it weren't for the games, I would have left Pokemon a long time ago. When I was younger I loved the anime, but once you get older you begin to see how stupid the premise really is. I'm so glad the main character doesn't talk in the games, so I can pretend he isn't some ten year old kid setting off into a dangerous world. Also, Pokemon is really the only handheld RPG that can last me more than a week.

Back