• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you agree with abortion/euthanasia?

Do you agree with abortion or euthanasia?

• Agree with abortion only

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Agree with euthanasia only

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Agree with both

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Agree with neither

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Unsure...

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    None of you will ever understand abortion until you really have to consider going ahead with one. And when you do you need to take a lot into consideration, such as what sort of life will the child have? Are you really ready for a kid? Can you support said child? Is it fair on you or your partner? How will you cope if the child is severely disabled? If so how will you provide the best possible life for a child with extra needs? Does your job support you enough to pay for family life?

The list is endless.

Thankfully my ex wasn't pregnant, but we still had to make the call that if she was, we were gonna go ahead with the abortion. thinking about it kept me up at night.

So in short, yes I agree with abortion, as long as your reasons are fair.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    No, it is not alive during the first two trimesters which is when abortions usually take place. Let's take another look at the seven signs of life.

1. Movement: Does the fetus show this? No.
    2. Respiration: It does.
    3. Sensitivity: It's not sensitive.
    4. Growth: It grows.
    5. Reproduction: The cells reproduce.
    6. Excretion: It excretes through the mother.
    7. Nutrition: it gets nutrition from the mother.

5 out of 7. A fetus is not alive. Sorry, I reallllly have to point this out, because it is an even worse (and completely wrong) argument than anything in here.

Thanks for trying to help, but you make us look kinda ignorant. Go take Biology before you try to argue with this point.

As I posted earlier, the seven signs of life are:

1. Organized and complex body.
    2. Metabolism.
    3. Growth and reproduction.
    4. Respond to stimulus.
    5. Homeostasis.
    6. Evolve.
    7. Ecological reactions.

(It's very easy to define life)

Of COURSE a fetus is alive! The whole debate is if a fetus in human!

Oh, and abortion is a choice. It should be left up to the mother, not some 1.5 billion people trying to shove their opinion down the throats of the 306 million Americans, and 6.6 billion people of earth.

And isn't there a quote from the bible that goes something like "judge, lest ye be judged."

So, stop judging me you bible thumping whack-job.

All arguements are faulty. Not just yours. ._.

Oh, and no. Arguments aren't faulty if you're using logic, reason, and facts to back it up. YOUR argument is faulty.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Penguin, please do what you can to be pleasant to other users and follow the TOS by NOT flaming others, ok?
    ._.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Ah, Penguin, even though I agree, there's no need to get agressive. You can prove a point without getting agressive.

Apparently people were so caught up with what Lynx was saying earlier, so I'll say it again.
    One point to repeat (as I love to repeat myself), it isn't your uterus so don't make decisions for it. That's how I feel. Sure, a fetus is alive. But is it human? Does it have a soul, a mind? Like the rest of its body, the fetus's mind develops like a flower. But a bud is not a flower, so should a fetus be a human? To repeat myself again, as some do not seem to understand...

POTENTIAL =/= ACTUALITY.

When this potential becomes an actuality is the real debate here, as when the bud of the brain blooms into the flower of the mind. I believe it is after the second trimester, which is after when abortions take place. Obviously pro-lifers don't, and thus the argument begins.

And I NEVER said a fetus isn't alive. Don't make crap up.

A thing I've been noticing from pro-lifers - honestly, people who are pro-choice aren't so because they absolutely love abortion (like Lynx said). It's not like a woman who decides to have an abortion does it happily in 20 seconds. When I grow older, I may have children for myself. Will I abort them just for fun? NO. In fact, the only reason why I would abort a child is if I could not be able to rear the child due to some extreme financial crisis within my family.

People who are pro-choice are not murderers. We simply feel that we should have a decision in the matter. Whether or not we actually go through with this decision is ours and ours to decide. I am not killing anyone or anything for being pro-choice - rather than rip on us for being pro-choice, why don't you rip on those for having abortions? But ironically, you feel SYMPATHY for them. Why? According to your logic, they just killed their child. So why feel sympathy for the mother?

Simply because we want the right to a decision does not mean we will decide to do it ourselves.

SO STOP CALLING US MURDERERS.

At Watch that Pin, Driffloon! - I am not easily swayed by emotional appeals (as I am logical and find them rather transparent), so please give me some logical reasons why I should change my opinion.

And there's my opinion. I hope that you at least try to understand it now.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    If you noticed, this thread was opened as a survey, and the author even said not to do such things as flaming. Calling people ignorant or saying that their level of ignorance is high is, you guessed it, a form of flaming.
    ._.
    Just realize that though many people are younger than you, doesn't make them less intelligent. It just means they were born later.
    Just try to keep it peaceful, please? (Meaning keep your "You're an idiot" or "You're too ignorant" posts held back)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    NB - This is for a school project and is not intended to start a PC war. I hope you will all respect other's opinions.
    I have gotten MY facts straight, so think of me all you want, but try a more sincere apology next time? Instead of the sarcastic one you just gave.
    I know Im pretty much being arguementive, but hey, Im not the only one.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It... it is really sad that we keep getting this thread over and over and yet the thread ends up being the same thing over and over. As someone pointed out, there is a moment when everybody keeps repeating their arguments despite what everybody else says, refusing to listen to other people's opinions. Nobody has the absolute truth in such a spiffy topic like this one.

I'm sad because there are people who can debate, who actually know how to debate, but sadly there are a lot of people who come around and call the people who disagree "immature", "criminal", "foolish", etc. Flaming =/ debating.

And you've missed y point.
    Either way, this thread HAS gone nowhere.
    So it may just be best if Went *whom Ive seen in the 'people viewing thread' for quite some time* should just close this place.
    If people want to dish it out, they should do it at some other place. Maybe a debate website.
    ._.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back