• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you battle with your shinies?

Do you use your Shinies in battle

• Yes! I love having those special guys in my team!

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • NO! I'm strictly a collector, plus they're not to be used in battle.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Ah, every once in a while.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

Shem

Bored...
Years
  • i dont have that many shinies, i dont care about nature or ivs for battling, you can do the whole e4 on 2 pokemon with revives and max potions, the only reason i want strong, legit pokemon is for battling online on pbr

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • yeah, i have about 20, i noob battle with one, and thats my red gyarados, it's got good ivs:slightly above average, and i caught it myself, so i know it's legit, but i forgot the nature, i'm not sure if it's a good one thogh

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • I had a few shinies on the japanese version of the game but I just collected them and never used them to be honest there like every pokemon only just a different tone.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    No, never EVER use them in teams. I use them to trade for Pokemon with Good IV's or EV trained one. To me, Shiny Pokemons are uglier than the regular Pokemon.

Kreaps

_
    Years
  • Shinies, honestly are too rare for me.
    I've seen a few browsing GTS, but the offers are insane (No I don't want to give you a level 100 Bidoof, as if anyone would actually raise one to that level.)
    The only one I've encountered was a Graveler, Adamant Nature but I never really liked it. I gave it to a friend who liked to randomly spam GEODUUDE, though.

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
  • No, because all of my shinies SUCK. And I don't feel like battling with shinies would be cool anymore. If I had a Weezing with triple flawless IVs, and a shiny Weezing with double flawless, I'd use the regular Weezing. Battling with shinies was cool, but because you see them so often nowadays, it's not even funny anymore.

Years
  • Actually I don't have any shinies in D/P, but if I did, I wouldn't touch them.
    They'd simply be too precious to do so. What if I trained them wrong? I wouldn't get a chance to receive another Pokemon like that any time soon.

Dorynator

Let the bodies hit the floor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    The only shiny I use in D/P is my scizor, which has decent IVs and nature. Luckily, I also know its legit, as I caught it myself as a scyther.
    But I only use it in n00b battles, my regular scizor is much better.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I don't bother with shinies at all. Most shinies are the wrong nature, making them unsuitable for combat.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I use my shinies sometimes, but only in the random Wi-Fi of PBR, and against new players who want to see some of "the awesome." >.>

I do EV-train the shinies I like, but I would never use them in serious battles...unless I actually caught a good one myself.

Yeh thats about the only time i use shinies too, i used to have a decent shiny charizard but i traded that for my darkrai wich i feel is much more fun to show off on pbr...I love my darkrai

No, never EVER use them in teams. I use them to trade for Pokemon with Good IV's or EV trained one. To me, Shiny Pokemons are uglier than the regular Pokemon.

True some are but some look alot better like rayquaza or ghastly

Last edited:

Mewstor

Legend Reality
    Years
  • Yeah, sometimes if I feel like it. A rare few of my shinys are EV trained and most have terrible IV's so they are only for friendly fun battles :)

Years
  • I mostly hunt for shinies based on looks, so most of mine are UUs, and most of them also have bad natures. Dialga, Weavile, and (possibly) Porygon2 are my only ones who'd stand much of a chance, and I'd use them when convenient. Dialga is my most competitively viable one, stat-wise, but ubers are banned from most environments. =/ My Weavile is Adamant, but might do alright with a Scarf.

I should go track down some shiny OUs that don't need Egg Moves. >=]

Back