• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you believe in aliens?

aliens?

• NERD!

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • yes

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • kinda....

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    i do
    it would be crazy if only earth had life,what do think?
    and by aliens i mean any living thing in outer space,please dont act smart,i just want to know i dont need smart @sses im only ten,if your smart,good for you.just dont show it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    Nah... ^-^

If there really are aliens, they would've enslaved us now. I think that all those UFOs are just government experimental aircrafts... well that's just me though... ^o^

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    Jeremy said:
    Or we might be smarter than them...

Anyway, I do believe in aliens, sweeties. XD

ooooh! There might be aliens somewhere but maybe they aren't as smart as us so they haven't invented spaceships yet... If they are smarter than us, then they would've seen us as primitive people and enslaved us, kinda like what the white people did to the Indians. It kinda scares me though... >o<

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Yes I do. I don't think that the human race would be the only race to exist in our solar system, or at least in the galaxy as if right now. Too vague. Nobody can really be too sure if they're less or more intelligent that our modern minds. But I believe they are.

Yuki N. said:
    ooooh! There might be aliens somewhere but maybe they aren't as smart as us so they haven't invented spaceships yet... If they are smarter than us, then they would've seen us as primitive people and enslaved us, kinda like what the white people did to the Indians. It kinda scares me though... >o<

That just sounds like you can read the minds of our extra terrestrials think, yet the world acknowledges so little about them, or just maybe to the ones that acutally believe. Don't believe everything you see in the movies, m'dear.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    what? I'm not even flaming! ;o;

I just want to provide my own opinion. You're no government here, aren't you? >O

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Just Like Us...

I Belive There Could Be Many Different Kinds Of Life Forms Out There...

Wether They Are More Intelligent Then Us Or Just Single-Cell Organisms Or Very Strong Creatures Really Depends On How Long The First Life Started On The Planet, The Condition Of The Planet And If The Species Are In Some Kind Of War...

But Yes I Do Belive In Aliens And Most Of Them Are Probably Just Like Us...

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • [SIZE="-7"]I think it would be illogical to think we're alone. I get talk from my family about believing in it sometimes. I look at things from a Christian point of view, being that's what I am, and well...to think we're all alone, frankly, the rest of the universe was kinda just a big waste of space, don't ya think? Rocks are boring. If there's no other life, the Earth might as well have been made the center of the universe or something. And not made it so infinite-y.

I've never had an encounter, but I do believe in it and I have a very reliable friend that took a snapshot of a UFO from her yard. I believe she has video too.

A few more things I'd like address. Btw, I'm getting a lot of information in this next part from a special I saw on this. Really had some good points.

"Well, why aren't the aliens here yet?"

Who says they're not? They could disguise things pretty well if they're advanced enough. The most efficient way to scout wouldn't be to come here. It would be to send something here to check out the planet. Microscopic robots could be possible, right? That'd be the most efficient way to check out things on other planets. They'll move faster, because of size, and also, if there is anything living, they wouldn't be able to notice. Through the use of a wormhole; that is, a theoretical bend in space and time; and that kind of technology, alien civilizations could probe anywhere they wanted to.

Plus, you've gotta take into consideration some biological problems. Would aliens be adapted to coming to this planet at all? What if their planet was on a totally different system. It's highly doubtful they would breathe the same kind of air that we do. Another thing. Remember The War of the Worlds? Germs are a threat to them as well as other environmental threats.

On a last note...if they were so much more advanced than us...why would they want to come here in the first place? If they're so much more advanced, they'd look at us the same way we'd look at an ant hill. We'd be interested for a minute, but then get kinda bored of it and never really worry about it much anymore. We'd be just a bunch of things on a rock. No big deal or threat to them. Heh.

Man, I like this essay. o.o;

Oh. On a last note. I never said it in full, so...

I believe in aliens.[/SIZE]

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
  • I've never seen an alien, nor have I personally seen a UFO, but I believe that it is definately possible for there to be other planets out there that also support life. The universe is so vast that the odds are very good that there is another planet far away from Earth that orbits around a star at just the right distance so that life can survive. I don't know what kind of life could be out there, nor do I know if it is more or less advanced than we are, but I certainly do believe it is possible for life to exist on other planets.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • It is highly believed by many scientists, that Mars is home to some sort of life. Although no solid proof has yet been produced, there is an astounding amount of information suggesting that life does indeed exist on the red planet. I've included a few links below that describe 'extremophiles'. Extremophiles are long, thin microorganisms that survive in the harshest conditions on Earth, and need no oxygen to survive. This alone, is pretty persuasive to the fact that there could be other life in our Solar System, not to mention the Universe.

https://www.spacedaily.com/news/life-03zj.html
    https://www.spacedaily.com/news/mars-water-science-00k1.html
    https://www.physorg.com/news7724.html

I think it's rather naive to think that we are the only life form in the Universe. As technology continues to improve by leaps and bounds, we will get a better understanding of our place in the Universe, and whether other life, advanced or not, exists. Right now, we can only make speculations. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that we are the only planet with life, when the Universe is so absurdly mammoth.

If you enjoy reading, and/or conspiracy theories, I suggest you check out Confirmation:The Hard Evidence of Aliens Among Us, by Whitley Strieber. The book is an in-depth look at evidence of the existance of UFOs, close encounters, and alien abductions. I found it to be quite shell-shocking. o.o

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • eh i don't know they're r many galaxies that we can't reach and who know s maybe there is life there

Uzamaki 1324

Spriter
    Years
  • I well kinda do and dont well it doesent really make any sense.
    picture this aliens coming to our planet asking for cows and stuff thats fiction there are no such things as aliens!(I think)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The thought of us (As in, the being that live on Earth.) being the only living creatures in the whole universe is just ridiculous. What are the chances of Earth being the only inhabitated planet in an endless universe? Don't get me wrong, I think the thought of aliens being hostile freaks that would attack Earth with huge spaceships and laser beams ridiculous, too. If the aliens would be so well developed and smart, why would they attack us before they even know what they're up against?

And what makes people think that every living being needs oxygen? There are even micro organisms and whatnot on Earth that can survive without oxygen.

And one more thing: Those who claim they have seen UFOs are very likely to have seen a prototype government aircraft being tested. If they would have come from outerspace, then surely at least one government radar or satellite would have spotted it.

To make the answer short: Yes, I do believe that lifeforms exist on other planets, but they arre most likely one-celled organisms and whatnot. However, I do not find it impossible that further developed creatures live somewhere else. I find it very likely that there are creatures at least as intelligent as we are somewhere in this universe, but I'm 99% sure they aren't like all the ''ZOMG! Aliens attack!'' movies show them.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Uzamaki 1324 said:
    I well kinda do and dont well it doesent really make any sense.
    picture this aliens coming to our planet asking for cows and stuff thats fiction there are no such things as aliens!(I think)

Again, don't believe everything you encounter on television, theatres, radio etc. We had Men In Black, Mars Attacks!, Scary Movie 3. This shows that people are creating a joke about other lifeforms that could be out there and put it in a comedic way. It gives me the feeling that people are not taking this seriously.

Arsenic Dimentia

*drools*
    Years
  • Uzamaki 1324 said:
    I well kinda do and dont well it doesent really make any sense.

Asking for cows? *snickers* That's a pretty good one...

Anyway, back to the subject. Do I believe in extraterrestrial life? Yes... and no. I believe that in other solar systems, galaxies, universes, and such, it may be possible for any of those 'planets' to have life.

It's too bad, however, that even if said planets did have life, for us it would be impossible to travel to their world. No if's, but's, or maybe's about it - it's just not possible.

Chances that there are even the most simplistic forms of life in our solar system are pretty slim, though. Most of our neighboring planets have been studied, as you know, and apparently found to have no life at all.

The planets that are too far away to be seen even through advanced telescopes are already too far away from our sun, so they are assumed to be totally lifeless, cold and unsustainable.

UFO's and aliens are a very interesting phenomena, for sure. (Most 'UFO sightings' actually happen in succession, one after another, so it's more of a psychological occurence.) But perhaps it's better left to the imagination. After all, would you really feel comfortable knowing that we're actually alone, with nobody else around us?

Last edited:
    Back