• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in life after love?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    lolcherwin

But in seriousness, lets say you had a really bad break-up and such, and 'life is never the same afterwards'.
    So, in a really cliche way, do you believe in life after love?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I think there would be life after love, but your life could drastically change after a serious break up.
    The only time that there is no life after love, is if you were really upset and you committed suicide... But then again, that is my dam smart bottom remark. :P

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • I think there would be life after love, but your life could drastically change after a serious break up.
    The only time that there is no life after love, is if you were really upset and you committed suicide... But then again, that is my dam smart bottom remark. :P
    thats exactly what I was thinking.

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
  • No I don't, if I am really in love with a girl and we where going out more than a year and then I catch her going out with someone else then I don't think I'll never make it in life with a broken heart.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I guess?
    We learned to forgive and forget,and that's just how I see it.I can see how maybe it'd affect you though,expecially if the personreminds you of the one that hurt you most.~

^^Not sure if that made any sense ^^;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't feel I entirely understand the question; but my answer is probably yes — the life after love is just the same as the life before love, to me.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well, it depends.

Either be succumbed by the depression and slit your wrist or continue on and find another. It's that decision that dictates your future...

Damn this question brings a lot...

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • Well, I guess so. It'll take time to get over the situation, at least for me. Unless it was so bad that you do something drastic (i.e, suicide), I think there is life after a bad break up, as you still have your family and friends that love and care for you. I just don't think sitting around moping about it for the rest of your life will actually change what happened. Not saying you can't feel remorse, but well, I guess you can sort of understand what I mean.

I love that song by the way, Cher is awesome. [/offtopic]

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I guess life after a serious break up or death will be altered in some ways, but it will still be life. Life is full of its ups and downs but it will continue on until your day comes.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Isn't it called moving on? After a serious breakup (been there, done that) you've really got to accept the fact you can't sob over the situation forever. To get so twisted as to commit suicide over an ended relationship isn't worth it at all. Become stronger from the decisions made, enjoy the positive moments you had with the person, and move on with your life. There's an ocean out there, go fishing. d(' 'd)

Yes, I believe in life after love, because you're only doing yourself harm by not moving on.

However, say love ended under the very unfortunate situation of death, that, on the other hand, is MUCH more serious and I can fully understand someone not moving on from such a horrific event. ):

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Well, I'm not exactly the expert on love, but I think it's totally possible to move on in many cases - it might be very hard, but it's not like an ended relationship is the end of the world.

I don't, however, believe in life after marriage. *shot*

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I spose there is life but probably not love. Well, if it was someone really in love with you and vice versa. But otherwise, you might be able to move on.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • My dad had a big, big fallout with one of the girls he loved, but he still saw them as a friend. Just because you don't love each other and you had a fight doesn't mean you can't be friends and keep in touch. So yeah, I do.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • There is always life after love. I have had a bad one and I am still not fully myself, but you just get on with your life. Just think you can go fishing in that massive ocean again, I think it more fun than being "in love" anyway.

Years
  • Of course there is life after love, but I think that one really has to define what 'love' is and is not. It's not, for example, a week of you and your partner holding hands. People making a big deal out of teenage relationships is stupid, and we don't want to hear your incoherent ramblings. That's what LiveJournal's for.

And of course, we can't talk about break-ups without mentioning this. (Audio, if you hadn't guess by the fact that it's on YTMND, and some minor use of unsavoury language.)

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Nice Break-up letter Erebus.
    Also yes- especially at this age.
    Praying to god my one knows this.

EDIT: Our age referring to generally like 25 and under. But really at any age...

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • In a physical way, yes.
    On the inside where all your dreams and disires are smashed, chrushed, and grinded... not for another year or so, unless it was someone you would be willing to do anthing possible and impossible for. In that case... NEVER.

Back