• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care about your Pokémon's gender?

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  • As for myself, kinda. I don't really care about the Pokemon's genders most of the time, but if I do, it gotta be when it comes to evolutions (Gallade, Salazzle, etc.) and/or challenge runs (especially Wedlocke and Idolocke).

Years
  • if it's red, blue & yellow, i see my pokemon as males... & if it's magnemite, the same

but for the other games, i always pick females.... .... but with latios & latias, i know they're male & female, so it's fine......

i love my pokemon nonetheless though

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love mostly girls Pokemon that have female looking appearance, with Sylveon being the most common one. I also like Female Meowsitc one, and Male Oshawott. Female have the cutest looking personality while the boys have the darkest side and pure one.

Espeon x Umbreon could be define as Female Espeon and Male Umbreon, since they are quite a lots of fanart featuring Fem Espeson and MalUmbreon out there. :)

Other thing is that Leafeon x Glaceon would be like this: Male Leafeon x Female Glaceon, why. Leafeon is an male looking green one while Glaceon has an girl looking appearances.

Sylveon is mainly associated with girl one, since Fairy-type is very popular with the girls and the girls love it.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not particularly - only time I do care is when I am breeding them given the need for a good parent of either gender in some cases (more so the older titles).

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Only for the sake of certain nicknames. How am I supposed to name my male Popplio Splash Woman?

Years
  • I used to make a big deal out of getting the gender that I had in mind for the particular pokémon, based on the personality I'd had in mind for it. Nowadays I don't care for it much. I suppose it ties in with holding on to gender roles less in general and also with having less time and energy for such minor details now that I'm an adult, as opposed to when I was a kid/teenager.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    For some Pokémon it's important to me, like I've always gotta have my female Sylveon on my team. :) But other than a very limited number of exceptions, I really don't put much stock into going for a particular gender.

Back