• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you cheat the Pokewalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    I saw a thread about a way to cheat that got closed, so I thought I'd open a discussion. Do you cheat your Pokewalker in any way? Cheating means anything besides clipping it to your person and walking/jogging or some form of exercise.

I cheat by shaking it back and forth sometimes, like when I have nothing better to do with my hands. I've seen a Youtube video about some really creative ways to cheat, but I won't post the link.

1Roxas

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I used to try shaking my pokewalker back and forth as you said but it never worked for me so I just walk around with it occasionally, so i used to try cheating it but i failed at that sadly

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    See, this thread allows for some more broad discussion!

Personally... apparent from a little bit of absent minded shaking of it when say on my usual hour-and-a-half train ride a while back I've only used it as it is meant to be used. =p I make plenty of steps normally anyway so I don't see much need to cheat the system personally.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    You have to mimic the motion of walking, try shaking it much slower.
    Oh, and be patient. When the counter stops ticking, it will take up to several seconds before you start to see it move again.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I clipped the PokeWalker to my shoe and shook my foot while I wore it. It got in a few extra steps. I only tried it a few times, though.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Nah, I don't It just kinda makes me feel like I haven't really EARNED the watts. Plus, I love running.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Oh, I definitely cheated mine all the time. I didn't see any reason why I should wait 3920483908 days to get what I want out of it when I could just shake it when I had free time to the same effect, lol.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
    I only got Soulsilver yesterday morning so I haven't spent much time with the Pokewalker yet, I did try walking with it although it wasn't accurate with picking up most steps so I just done the walking motion with my hand, it works that way much better but some movements it still doesn't pick up.

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
    I cheat it by throwing it in the air or swinging it gently but swiftly, but I move around, and pace alot naturally, so I don't really need to cheat.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I cheat by shaking it back and forth, or by wearing it in school. I also wear it when I horse ride, and believe me after 10 minutes I'll have a thousand more watts.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Yeah, I cheat it, mainly because I'm too lazy and it's just easier and faster.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I used to cheat my Pokéwalker by moving it back and forth until I got tired; just for the sakes of trying to catch those Flying and Surfing Pikachu.

Years
    I only cheated a few times - like Pyrax, I live near somewhere nice to walk. I sometimes swung it about when I was bored, though, to get steps added onto it.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    My fried jogs every morning so I gave it to her so I technically cheated as I never walked or ran with it ever.

Sandshrewiac

Sandshrew Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    When I'm in school, I shake it. But when I'm home and I don't want to walk I get some tape and strap it to my cat. He got me almost 3000 steps once. Hooray for Pokecat!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I cheat it often (or whenever I remember I have it), though legitimately, it's always in my bag, so I do have um, proper watts too. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back