• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you cheat the Pokewalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    When the games were just released in the US I was more interested in the Pokéwalker then, and I didn't have many places to go at the time (nor did I want to walk all around the house) so I'd just shake it up and down. I haven't touched the Pokéwalker for months though, haha. But if I end up messing around with the Pokéwalker again anytime soon, I'd cheat still. n_n

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I only do it if it's taking me a while to find a specific Pokemon and I'm out of watts.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I only did it for the Fly Pikachu... not worth it really, since u can't control their natures, IVs, etc. and Fly is a nonbreedable move :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I never really "cheat"... I toss it from hand to hand when bored sometimes. As of late I have been letting my 7-year-old brother keep it, with the promise that all the Pokemon he gets go to him when he gets a game. I don't get too many watts but I get a crapton of items.

Happy_Hereford

'Nicole da Silva' obsessed
    Years
  • Yeah, definately. I tend to sit down and shake it while watching TV. But I also wear it when I'm going shopping, easy 1000 steps or so.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have cheated my pokewalker a few times. i used to put a hair tie on my ankle and tap my leg on the floor. then i have little cousins that i babysit so i put it on them while they are playing and running. easy way to get watts.

tho i havent even touched my pokewalker for months

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My Pokewalkers are my pride and joy! I would never cheat on my Pokewalker for extra watts! And people who cheat on the Pokewalkers are lying to themselves.

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
  • Every tuesday and thursday I go for work experience at a wildlife park so I clip it to my jeans then because being there requres a lot of walking. Sometimes though if I'm not doing anything I'll just shake it to train my pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    As a matter of fact i did cheat the pokewalker once....tropius was the last pokemon i needed to complete my national dex and he was available on some course, so tied my pokewalker to the ceiling fan in my room and after a few hours took it and saw it had increased aroind 5000+ steps :D....that was enough to unlock the course in which tropius was, and thats how i ended up completing my dex haha...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I don't cheat the Pokéwalker at all. I actually find it fun to use when I'm going on runs. It motivates me to run greater distances if I'm going for something special (like a flying Pikachu).

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I used to cheat it sometimes, but I did go on walks so that I could get "proper watts" also. I got my brother's PokéWalker eventually, since he hated that his Magikarp didn't learn moves when it levelled up XD.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I put it in my schoolbag when I go to school or was really bad and put it in my Mum's coat pocket when she walked the dog... :embarrass

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2015
    I run 8 miles 5 days of the week and it clocks up roughly 450 watts per run! However; recently it seems to lose battery power not long after fresh batteries have been put in it. I wonder if my running is taking its toll on the pokewalker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back