• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you dislike the HM system?

Years
    The fact that they're unforgettable is what makes people dislike it.
    Just think about it: HMs NEVER BREAK, and yet, they CAN'T BE FORGOTTEN WITHOUT THE MOVE DELETER. Two major flaws.

Guest123123

On one hand, it's frustrating to go through Victory Road in most games when I have a full party because one or two have to be HM slaves, so I need to keep depositing and withdrawing some members of my battle team so no one gets left behind. I've always been a fan of replacing them with key items.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Surf and Waterfall, and I don't want to see them go. Maybe have them be TMs?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    The problem with HMs is that they cannot be forgotten outside the move deleter end of the day.

IMO HMs should work like you have a pokemon that can learn surf (carry you across water) and you have enough badges to be allowed use surf, then you should be able to surf on the pokemon without needing to teach the pokemon surf. If a pokemon can cut down a cut-able tree than it can cut the tree, cut shouldn't be a move.

In ORAS they made a system that makes it so you don't need fly on a party pokémon even if you take your Latias/Latios out of your game you can still soar on the Latias/Latios. There should be something in place like this for all HMs is a way of fixing this annoying part of pokémon especially when you have already completed the game.

Back