• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you even lift?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • I joined my gym at work and have been... about 6 times in 3 months. I can't even say that I've spread it out equally (like once every 2 weeks); I think it was 3 times in one week, 2 the week after and then 1 session a month later. Part of it is that I joined at a time when I wasn't particularly busy and then became busier; but an equal part is the resulting apathy that set in after the novelty wore off. I keep telling myself I should go back but... eh. Effort. :D

Years
  • I joined my gym at work and have been... about 6 times in 3 months. I can't even say that I've spread it out equally (like once every 2 weeks); I think it was 3 times in one week, 2 the week after and then 1 session a month later. Part of it is that I joined at a time when I wasn't particularly busy and then became busier; but an equal part is the resulting apathy that set in after the novelty wore off. I keep telling myself I should go back but... eh. Effort. :D

You don't need to hit the gym man, you've got me in your corner. Anyone gives you any ****, you just call me and I'll **** em right up for ya bro.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i'm trying to exercise more to lose weight. every so often, i walk a mile on my treadmill. every night i always walk in place and do squats. i'm hoping to start jogging ^__^.

Years
  • I don't actually work out or have any sort of fitness routine, as most of the exercise I get is from work, which tends to be pretty physical. Just from working there and a slight change in diet, I've lost about 15 pounds over the last 9 months, which isn't a whole lot, but much better than going in the opposite direction. I guess I could attribute a lot of that to walking, too, as any day I go to work, I usually rack up about 8 miles/13 km, which really does add up over time.

Years
  • I don't go to a gym or work out or anything but I am naturally skinny as a twig so I'm not exactly worried about becoming overweight... not for a long time anyway (high metabolisms are awesome).

That being said I used to practice 5-6 days a week from 2-6 hours depending on what else I had to do that day etc, do 4-6 lessons a week (two of which were 30 minute lessons, two of which were hour long and one of which lasted 45 minutes) and teach/do social events for dancing with comps on top of that. But I have been on an (unwanted) competitive hiatus since Autumn last year (still do several hours a week though). So whilst I'm far less fit than I was I guess I am still quite healthy. I have been eating a little healthier lately too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I work out 4-5 times a week. I'm either using the treadmill for one hour, walking the dog around the neighborhood for half an hour, or both. I used to go to the gym and attended a zumba class, and I'll admit it's really fun, but idk what happened. xD I really want to go back and rejoin though! But for now I am sticking with my usual routine. :)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I work out at home 6 days a week, each workout lasts around 30 - 45mins and they're based on high intensity! ... I'm currently following an online program, which you'll have to subscribe to, I started at the beginning of this year and I'm kicking myself that I haven't found it sooner! Much better than my boring 2 - 3 hour workout sessions that I used to do from Jan 2013 before, not to mention much more effective!

The workouts in the program change every three weeks to keep your body from adapting, which in turn makes fitness gains easier to accomplish.

What keeps me motivated is my ambition to become a Paramedic or Firefighter, the latter being my first priority. You'll have to develop high fitness levels to pass the tests. Another motivation is, I know how it feels to be overweight, I started losing weight mid 2008, I'll never return to that state again!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I work out on occasion. I got a little fat post-GCSEs due to a long summer with nothing to do but eat (plus I started eating more instead of revising). I say a little fat, you couldn't really tell from outside of my clothes (Except for my face, if you knew me) but underneath it horrified me. After losing a lot of weight due to illness last year, I started going to the gym in the autumn.
    I cycle (occasionally braving the treadmills), usually doing bursts of around 10mins at 40k+, and use the machines a bit. The only actual lifting I do is curling - the more experienced people intimidate me, curling's the only thing I have the technique for. Haven't been in a while though - revision = more eating, less working out.
    I doubt I'll ever have an amazing beach bod or anything, as I still eat incredibly unhealthily. Probably get <5 in 5 days, not 5/1 day :S Recently started doing sit-ups etc. in my room occasionally, but that's about the limit at the moment.

Overall I find that although the exercise feels horrible, and I often feel weak / fat (even though I'm definitely not, although I may have a slight case of that slapping chest = boobs thing those German soldiers have) and pathetic in there, but I always walk out feeling like an absolute boss, look in the mirror and go "yeah I'm a 10" so it's all good right? :)

Nakala Pri

Yes, I do weights every morning at around ten or eleven. Then I go for a run, then I laze around all day at home and think about stupid questions. xD

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I don't work out.
    I usually walk 20 blocks (to store and back) twice a week, walk to my moms house house sometimes that's the same distance.
    I walk more during the fall and winter when it's not warm, fat people heat up faster I guess. And I can't stand the feeling of being sweaty. :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yes I do lift enough that considers my age 'too much'. Of course I cycle everyday, and to school as well so I don't really have to go for runs. I LOVE the feel of sweat. It makes me feel like I've done something strong. After every workout I usually don't get very sweaty, so yes.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't work out, not in the least. Yet, despite that, I am still a pretty active person. I have no car, so I have to walk around every where that I need to go. And when I'm walking around all day every day, then it starts to balance out my bad habits and keep me relatively healthy. That is also owed a bit to my fast metabolism, which basically prevents me from getting fat, even if I were to eat an entire Mc Donalds out of all of its food. Still though, I know that this doesn't count as working out or whatever, because it doesn't build muscle, endurance etc. but it is what I do to keep in shape! Other than that, I work out my thumbs every day I play SSBB trying to smash people outta the stage.

There are a few reasons that I actually don't work out. The main one is that I don't have money. This means that I can't afford to actually go to a gym and use all their professional equipment. I have a little home bench and some dumbbells, but the set is really scattered and a lot of weights are missing, so I don't think such would be very beneficial. These effects in compound with how lazy I am, especially when I'm not getting results because I don't have good equipment, just makes the whole thing a drag.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
  • I do! I've been going to the gym for years but I'm not interested in being super big xD I just like exercising to get new energies, get what i mean? I feel renewed every time I come back from the gym :)
    Music? not really, they just play music and I don't mind which one it might be... at least so far :P
    Goals? NOT BEING A SUPER FAT AND LAZY 50 YEARS OLD MAN. Amen.

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
    Years
  • I do not go to the gym. Neither do I engage in much physical exercise at home. I really think I should start doing it sometime soon, though. Wouldn't wanna become a potato, haha. Goal is to lose 10-15 kilos asap.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • Wow, it's been forever since I've been on PC. Um, to answer the question of this thread, yes i tend to work. Not to look good, or because it's cool. It's just something I enjoy doing, same as gaming especially in that of the pokemon area. lol
    I've weight lifted for 2 years, but now more focusing around martial arts works rather then repetative "pumping dat iron" * XD.
    So, PC, what's your fitness regime?
    My regime usually consists of pushups, every day mile walks (personally, I prefer to walk then drive just because of the many moronic drivers in louisiana), and my martial arts workouts. Taekwondo.

Do you go to a gym? What do you do while you're at the gym? Do you have any particular hobbies - listening to a particular CD, watching tv, etc?
    Yes I go to many gyms, my favorite one being in Viridian city. lol jk, there's a gym at my college that's free to attend so yeah, I take advantage of it when I'm up there. whenever I'm "gym timing" though, I worked for my college's football team, and played for the soccer team, so i base my training to fit their regiments.

Do you workout/exercise at home? What do you do?
    the everyday things when you're bored and gaming just doesn't do the trick. pushups, crunches, squats. or better yet, I do sometimes just pick up a ds and go to work doing situps while looking for shinies/ training/ what have you

What keeps you motivated to workout/stay fit? What are your current goals, if any?

personally, i have no real motivation to stay fit and workout, i do it simply because I enjoy it. It provides...how do i put this... a meditative state...a peaceful feeling i guess. I know that it's hard to understand that, but to me it does.

I would suggest everyone to start up a healthy circulum, but do not do something you don't enjoy doing. Just give it a chance. who knows? you might like it

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    I used to lift when I was in football, but I don't really anymore. I mostly just walk now to stay a little fit.

Years
  • In another life I would've joined the military, so I do a bit of exercise now. It's mostly cardio, endurance type stuff, but I try to train my speed as well. My main exercise is running with cycling being my crosstraining. For strength training I do mostly bodyweight compound exercises like pushups and dips, but I do curls and crunches as well. If I went to the gym I'd probably fool around with weights, but I simply don't have access to them right now (unless I go craigslist some used dumbbells).

I want to be stronger and look better. Fitness is what allows you to run a block to catch that bus and avoid being 15 minutes late. Fitness is what allows you to carry your friend's luggage up the cramped stairs of a coach bus. Fitness is the foundation giving you access to many recreational activities. I want to build a body that can do all of that and looks it at the same time.

Years
  • Okay, so since my last post in this thread my workout routine has changed.. I now walk a mile to a mile and a half everyday in my neighborhood, which is roughly 5-8 laps, for a half hour. It's one of the many ways that my doctor said I needed to lose weight and here my parents are enforcing that by making me walk...

Years
  • I have access to pretty much a whole gym in the basement at my grandma's house, so there's that, and since It's summer now, I've added some swimming to the routine.

Back