• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Ever Clean Out Your Friends List?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I have done twice or three times, I deleted off about 20 altogether because they were random people that had not really talked to me either through VMs or on the actual forum. I don't make a habit of it though, I only cleaned it out when I was on holidays and was bored XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Not recently. I have this weird thing where I'm afraid to delete people off of my friends list. I almost feel like I need to always be there for them just incase. Slightly stupid, but yeah. I can't bring myself to delete many people. Such a harsh word, delete is. :pp

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Too lazy. Don't want to waste precious PC time deleting old friends. :P

Years
  • The first reason is that I'm a bit too lazy. ^^;
    The other reason is that I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings...(yeah, I'm like that :/)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I clean out my friends lists all the time. No matter what site I'm on (with the exception of Facebook). If someone doesn't talk to me for an extended period of time, I typically end up blocking them for a while so they notice that I'm not appearing online anymore, then unblock them for a few days, then if they don't hit me up with an IM of any kind; even if it's a simple hello, I end up blocking them and deleting them from my friends list forever.

On sites, however, I just end up deleting the person without any warning that I'm going to be doing so. If they really cared, anyway, they'd find a way to find out if I deleted them or not. You know? What's the sense on having someone as your friend unless you talk to them?

(On PC, I remove them from my friends list, but keep them as contacts so they still have access to my complete profile just in case they want to start our relationship again)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I do it once every..... two-three months. I'm not picky with friends and nearly everyone on my friend list has had a conversation with me at one point, but if they friend me for no reason then they're gone from my list..... that I normally don't pay attention to in the first place. :/

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I did once, but I felt weird afterwards. Really, now I don't care who adds me, if they rarely talk to me, or if we talk everyday. It really doesn't matter to me who's on there.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I'm usually too lazy to remove friends from my Friends List. However, I hate "deleting" them from my friends list. If they were added to my friends list, I'd probably talk to them eventually. :\

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No.

I wont, probably.

Oh wait, I have done it once. But it was to remove a certain person who I didn't remember why I accepted in the first place. And then I saw a couple of others that I felt like removing too.

But I don't like removing people ;; My msn list is full of oldies I haven't talked to in years XD

Back