• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you exercise?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Work in a liquor store is pretty much all exercise. You're on your feet for 6-9 hours at a time and you're often lifting beer cartons or other cartons around the place doing things with them.

Other than that, lol exercise no.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • I have 2-3 training sessions per week in taekwondo. And I go for allaround muscle training 2 per week at the gym. Also I walk daily. So I guess Im in somewhat good shape. But I have to. Since army is coming soon. And I realy need to get into shape before it. :/

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I work out at my local gym three days a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I know, it's an weird schedule, but the gym is closed on Fridays so I can't do the normal Monday/Wednesday/Friday thing. My work out routine is a combination of freeweight and resistance training, both of which my gym has lots of. I try to give each of my muscles a good workout each day, since I've chosen to do full-body training instead of a split routine.

Other than that, well, I used to do Karate. I got a Yellow belt, but then I had to quit due to stress from school. The only exercise I get now other than the gym is gym class at my school. My teacher's a ruthless jerk, but that's another story.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Lol I got a YMCA member pass but don't go there too often. I should be hittin the weights like I used to but na, I don't (no wonder my muscle is going away and I'm getting out of shape) lol. I go up there every now and then to play basketball with my friends but that's about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2013
    I have always wanted to lift weights but seem to never find the time or i'm probably just lazy lol.

Years
  • I do exercise when I can, although a lot of the time I just push it back to a later time. Over. And over. And over.

I gotta start getting in shape for the summer, though. Procrastination is terrible haha :P

TheCollector

Merely a collector
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I have a background in icehockey and football (European) as a young child/early teen. Did martial arts during my entire teenage years.

Now I do olympic weightlifting, which I also compete in. Train about 5 times/week. I also have a job that I'm very active in (mostly walking).

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Not as much as I should.I go out to walk every once in a while but it's never really alot. Sometime I walk to a park and walk a couple laps around it, though that's as far I usually go for exercise. Tried lifting weights a couple time but I never do more than 10 reps. During the summer I exercised a lot more. I walked to a park 2 miles from my house almost everyday , walk a couple laps, and do the workout course they have there. soemtimes I brought a jump rope and skipped for about 5 minutes. I'm a bit overweight and I could do more exercise than I do now. Maybe when the weather's a bit warmer I might.

Years
  • DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?

I train on Monday and Wednesday, then I try to get a bike ride in during the weekend if the weather is looking good. I suppose I also do some crunches and push ups at home too, when I can.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Pretty much all the exercise I get is from cycling between school and home everyday. That alone pretty much gets me half an hour (or longer in poor weather conditions) of intense exercise. Along with that, walking around the campus should give me an extra 10 to 15 minutes every day, and I have about an hour of PE (and along with that, another 25 or so minutes of cycling back and forth between school and the sports hall they had to rent because they couldn't accomodate all students) every week.

I think with all that, I exercise enough to be healthy. It's not like I am overweight or anything. To the contrary, I am underweight, despite my eating habits, because my metabolism is fast as hell. I am not physically strong at all either, and my condition is still rather poor. Almost all people in my class are members of a youth football association, except for myself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Sometimes but not often since my neighborhood is rather small and full of hills which would not make bike riding enjoyable, I have a set of dumbells at home though which I use a couple of times a week.

Years
  • xulek: nice, I see you are a roosterteeth fan as well :)

I think those hills would be nice for a walk wouldn't you say?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Oooh no. I am active, yeah, but never do I exercise. It bores me. I dislike playing organized sport, I don't like gym activities, etc etc. I love to go outside and go walking, exploring, wading, swimming. I'm ridiculously fit for how sedentary I am and I can keep up with my Boy Scout buddies so it's cool. I just like to be out running around with friends~

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im not very active, but I do try to exercise sometimes. I swim in the summer and go walking in my neighborhood.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I frequently take my bike for a good 30-minute cycle around my neighborhood. If I have the time and I feel like it (these two things must come together or else it's a no-go), I would do laps in my residence club's Olympic-sized swimming pool. If I don't have time for any of the above, walking up to 8 floors' flights of steps 4 times a week in my uni's building is good exercise. I dislike waiting for the lift.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nah, I don't exercise at all. (I've even regressed to taking the closer bus where I don't have to walk at all instead of the quicker one that's about a 10 minute walk from my house. <_<)

Sometimes I'd love to take a Yoga class or figure out how gyms work but there's a week of every month where all I can do is curl up on the couch and not move at all or I have to take painkillers that only take away some of the pain. I wouldn't be able to work out/attend classes at all during that time and I'm almost 100% certain I'd just feel behind and not go back after the first time I missed because I get that way about a lot of things. I guess it's not very good justification to never try at all but it is what it is, I guess. :/

Years
  • Although I'm sure I could probably benefit from it, I don't actually work out. There's a lot of physical labor at my job, though, so it's not like I'm inactive, I just don't exercise on the side.

Back