• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel embarassed by pokemon ?

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    I feel like it's a bigger deal at 14 than it is at, say, 20, which I am. I don't make it a habit of telling people, but I'll tell my closer friends, and we'll kind of reminisce. It gets to the point where people are mature enough that they don't care. Sure, it's not that common, but it's an amazingly uniquely complicated sophisticated series that many people don't understand.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    A lot of people like pokemon, they just don't like to show it with all the pokemon hater's out there.

Who knows your best friend might actulay like pokemon without you knowing it.

Do you feel embarassed by pokemon ?

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    being fifteen, i'm at that age where i don't care what people say about what i like, and they don't care either.
    so it's win-win.
    If you don't want to tell anyone you like something, then you my friend, are not a fan of it at all.

Years
    I'm indifferent about Pokemon, I don't like nor hate it, I just play the games for fun. But I do feel kinda embarrassed about Pokemon, so I don't tell my friends I play it... :(

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    If you don't want to tell anyone you like something, then you my friend, are not a fan of it at all.
    No, its not like that. Some people just mock very much. I think that you're not being mocked that much and hence your sentence. I think many may agree with me.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Im 16 and im not at all. Last year me and my buddies would even play D/P and fire red in our law class lol.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I've seen these threads before. ._.

Okay, so most of the way through school after Pokémon wasn't "cool" any more (maybe three or four years after its release), plenty of people knew I still loved it. They did pick on me and call me a child and stuff. But then, they were in awe of my Pokémon drawings and it all seemed a little unfair.

Now I'm grown up, people care less, because people around my age and up - if not less judgemental - don't usually have to bully other people in order to feel better about themselves.

I work with a lot of men because of my industry, and there are guys literally from age 18 to 60 in my department. They are kind of protective of me as the youngest girl, and they sort of let it slide as "Ahh, that's our Kelly." xD

So no, I don't, even though I got bullied for it at school. I'm an adult now and I'm better respected. Pokémon has been in my life for like ten years and I don't really feel I have to hide something that partly defines me as a person in peoples' minds.

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    Not at all, I don't feel embarassed by any of the things I like, be it pokemon, anime, drawing, clothes, etc. You don't have to like the things I like and if I have a friend who doesn't that's cool, just don't bash or flame me cause I'll never talk to you again ;D Let everyone love what they love.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    So basically everyone here thinks that: one should live and let others live. XD
    I agree completely with it.
    (BTW This thread is getting really active!)

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    I so wish i could tell people, but i already have enough things that people pick on me for.(A bit chubby, smart, shy Etc.) i hate how childish some people can be and i never understand why people need to pick on someone to feel better about themselves. although football helps me with the stress of being pick on because i imagine the player being my bully and...try to knock him on there but ^.^.

So to sum it up, yes i am embarrassed about playing pokemon.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Not at all. Pokemon is not for kiddies, it's for everyone. The ones saying that pokemon are for kids is more likely never tried playing one.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    So basically everyone here thinks that: one should live and let others live. XD
    I agree completely with it.
    (BTW This thread is getting really active!)

pretty much. :P

As people have stated, it does get easier once you're older because college students and adult co-workers are significantly more mature than the high school bullies that are seeking for something to make them feel bigger than other people.

People I associate with are well-aware of the fact that I'm a huge video game/nintendo nerd, and accept my being a pokemon fan as part of that. XD

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    well the prats and bullying these days I don't >_> at my academy only my primary school friends actually but my classmates will find out on msn of something =l
    basically it would end disastrous if people found out
    1. 1600 pupils a lot are pupils
    2. I'm 11 there are 17 year olds in the school
    3. I would practically be murdered considering I managed to survive bullying in primary school with fists XD
    =l but basically it takes 1 prat and rest will follow (quote this if you agree)

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    not to some of the idiots that would pick on me, but I tell my freinds and nicer people

Melaugh

Eevee Fan Boy
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    No. Most of the kids at my school play it as well (they don't say it through.) My friend Sarah and I talk about it out loud and we don't get looks. :3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    only when its in stly where I live pokemon is like a fad it comes and goes and when it comes every body and there mom are playing

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Nope, because I'm proud of what I like. I brag to the whole school about my love for Pokemon as well as wearing Pokemon items like pokeball keychains and little Pokemon keychains as well

:t354:TG

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Not really...I'm a sophomore and I was talking about Pokemon with my friend and one off my classmates called me a nerd...I turned to him and told him that EVERYONE liked Pokemon at some point. He kinda shut up after that. I can be embarrassed about it sometimes but for the most part I'm not too embarrassed. I mean if I wouldn't wear a shirt with Lucario on it, but if It had Mewtwo I'd wear it in a heartbeat.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I have only told one of my friends I'm a pokemon fan, he took it pretty well, but i think he stopped cause other people bugged him for it. I suspect one of my other friends is into pokemon, since I found a Pokemon Battle revolution game hidden away when we were going to play a wii game. I think he's too shy too openly talk about it, or he's just the kind of guy who likes too get every game that get's at least out of the critics 7/10.

-signed by your Jolly ol' pal; The Ancient Master.
    XD

Back