• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel embarassed by pokemon ?

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Embarrassed by the 'manz? Of course not, my wallet is weighed down by various keychains I've collected from all the Pokemon events we've had over here. Of course, I don't run around invasively screaming my love for Pokemon to the irritable masses, but if someone asks about it I'll tell them all about my favourite Wigglytuff. [LessThanThree]

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    I would never tell it to my friends, infact my friends wouldnt tell it neither.. I make joke about pokemon in any situation when something is related to it so no one would ever find out my little secret. I really cant imagine a moment where my friend finds out all the pokemon pages in favourites on my computer.. Then I would just hope they liked pokemon too or else I would be bullied so much for months.. My friendgroup is just like that, we laugh at eachother's stuff, but if they find out I like pokemon.. HELL NO

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'm 20 and I'm pretty open about all of my fandoms, even the really "childish" ones. I've got loads of badges and tee-shirts with my fandoms plastered all over them which I wear out and about (in fact, I'm wearing my Back To The Future tee-shirt right now), and Pokémon is no exception. I figure if somebody is shallow enough to judge my by the fact I play video games, they're probably not worth knowing in the first place. Although I do tend worry people when I start yelling at my DS in public. ;)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    wow. this thread is quite popular.

wow. that post was quite spam-tacular :|

Anyway, I don't really have to worry about it as much I guess since I do internet school and most of my friends are on or came from the internet XD; And all of my extended family knows I like it, sooo no, I'm not embarrassed by it :]

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    A lot of my friends know that I still play Pokemon. My friend Armondo openly admitted that he liked Pokemon because it was 'dumb but ADDICTIVE'. Every now and then me and this other kid would be debating over Lugia vs. Ho-oh out in the crowded highskool halls[ Lugia for me; SoulSilver!!!!!]. But I don't really think people care as much as everybody thinks. They ALL played it too at some point.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    well i guess embarrassed by the anime but for the games and manga there nothing to be embarrassed about

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Well, in my year group, I know quite a few people who like Pokemon anyway, so it isn't that embarassing. :P Though, I will admit, it can be embarassing sometimes. :\ Though, overall, I am not actuall embarassed, as I just think of it as a francise which is highe enjoyable, and shouldn't be any more embarassing than francises such a Super Mario Bros. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    Well, in my year group, I know quite a few people who like Pokemon anyway, so it isn't that embarassing. :P Though, I will admit, it can be embarassing sometimes. :\ Though, overall, I am not actuall embarassed, as I just think of it as a francise which is highe enjoyable, and shouldn't be any more embarassing than francises such a Super Mario Bros. :)

true true but i think we have to blame the anime for making people think embarrassed about pokemon a least season 1 was good but after that well ...

Back