• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you feel like you are indeed part of this community?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yes and no. I don't have a strong personality that stands out among the sea of other much louder voices and I rarely make posts in sections that would get me noticed. Despite being on staff, I seldom feel as though I'm a recognizable name. Being isolated in A&D will do that to you, I hear.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yeah sure! It really depends where though, in certain sections where I don't post at all I wouldn't feel a part of their individual community (e.g the hacking community) while in others I do.

Lucid

But I heard that you got mad at Spiff for not being summoned and violently poked him once.
    I threatened to pinch him really hard, get your facts straight.

Geez, like 3 ppl think their liked, the self-confidence on this forum...

Years
  • Some of us are from different parts of the world. Timezones are a major pain in the ass for making friends. Just saiyan.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I feel accepted and somewhat liked. But I feel like an outsider, mainly due to being impersonal - I don't like throwing myself out there so I have a hard time connecting to people that I'm not speaking to privately.

Years
  • I would have a different answer for this thread if it was two years ago, but simply put, I don't feel that way. I'm fine with it as well, considering how I don't like putting myself out and beyond others, even though I might not be the shyest of people around here. :P

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Some days I really wonder. I really wonder.

I live on the outside looking in it feels like in most cases. No; they do not spurn me or treat me badly these days; but they sure don't go to any lengths to help me feel included. But then again I have some old ghosts that haunt me. But I dare not run from them; that's not who I am.

I do tend to be a quiet and unremarkable person; so people probably don't notice when I actually am participating or being active. This in and of itself can be depressing sometimes. I do sometimes find myself encountering situations where I don't feel welcomed to something that is open to all; due to some rule or requirement.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I've met some of my greatest friends there and I have had some of my best times, so I'm going to say yes.

Sir Codin

I'm pretty sure most people here don't like me, since most of the cool people have already left.

But, as I stated before in my blog, I stick around because it makes you guys miserable.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel like I was once a part of this community, though I suspect I will never truly reach that level of integration again. Towards the end it started becoming an addiction or a dependence and I figured it would be best to move on. But I check in every now and again, it's always sort of reassuring to see so many old usernames still posting on a daily basis. I've always found comfort in things more constant than static.

Years
  • Maybe a little, maybe not at all dunno I do have a good deal of VM friend I enjoy talking to on a regular basis but some times I feel as if I am not "in" with the community as a whole .
    Recently I have cut my activity on here a lot, and have mostly been just doing VM messages with friends and posting in Fanclub threads. The reason being Ive not been enjoying the forum as much as it seems thats is become far to based around Roleplay and this "Mafia" thing, so it kinda feels if your not part of the RP of Mafia, your kinda not in the core of the community, I don't know if its just me that thinks that or if anyone else does (I'd love to hear if other people think so to).

Years
  • Nah i don't think i am but thats because i have not been active enough around here to get to know anyone so i'm basically just a stranger really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I feel like I'm a part of this community, yeah. Apparently I'm not exactly liked everywhere buuut. You can't please everyone! And you can't know everyone, unless you're here 24/7 and post in all the forums and I don't feel like I need to do that.

Years
  • Sometimes. I feel like people don't notice that I exist on here. I have met some cool people though.

I notice you itari-senpai

To answer the question, though, I dunno. I feel like the community is sort of centred around the off-topic forums and I'm sort of a RH recluse (I do feel like I'm a part of the ROM hacking community), but I do feel very welcome in the staff team which goes a long way. Outside of RH, though, yeah, I feel more like an outsider or lurker than really someone who's integrated in the community. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, though!

Last edited:
    Back