• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate maths?

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    I don't see anything wrong with english o_O The thing is, we're sort of the culmination of all the linguistics advances from all of history. The mixing of the languages of the angles and germanics created a very rich language, which only became richer as we incorporated roots from greek, latin, and other languages. What we have today is the most descriptive language on earth. Our superior descriptive ability is a great gift for the english-speaking person if you ask me...for example:

Let's take the color red, and compare all our synonyms for it to those in some other languages.

Spanish: rojo

French: rouge

English: Red, Crimson, Vermillion, Ruby, Scarlet, Blood, Carmine, Cherry
    You forgot the Japanese word for red, Aka! ^_^ Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm not as smart as you think, I'm extremely logical, but when it comes to being articulate and communicative, wherein lies my academic weakness. I absolutely hate English class now. All we do in High School English is read literature (that bores the **** out of me) and then write essays (which I can never make flow correctly or use references just right). I feel Essay writing is a form of art, (one that I just can't pick up) and expecting everyone in the schooling system to master that art is pretty, well, dictatorial. Why not force everyone to master paying a musical instrument or master the visual arts...it really doesn't make sense to me...

ehh...please excuse my rabidly political rant...

I'm all around smart! XP

I looooooooooove English too! It is the mostest bestest class! <----Example of bad grammer XD

I guess I really don't have any classes that I'm bad at XP

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Radical_Edward said:
    You forgot the Japanese word for red, Aka! ^_^ Sorry.
    Its hung in Cantonese...

Anyway...can't belive I got A in Maths! o_O||||
    I still hate maths though

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • pokejungle said:
    I'm all around smart! XP

I looooooooooove English too! It is the mostest bestest class! <----Example of bad grammer XD

I guess I really don't have any classes that I'm bad at XP
    lol

this last year, I had a constant A in my precalculus class, but I always fluctuated between a high D and a low B in my English Class...meh *shakes fist at The Scarlet Letter* Boringest book evar!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I love reading...writing......grammer....well....not grammer!

That's the only thing i don't like...but I excel in it...regardless of my taste for it!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 22, 2004
    I am fine with math.... For me it is like every other school subject

Class Starts
    I open bookbag and pull out current book I am reading
    Teacher starts Teaching
    Teacher Yells at Dustin(me) to put away the book and not to take it out again.
    I put book away, and pull out another differnt book that looks intersting
    Teacher gives up on trying to stop me reading and goes on teaching.
    When the test comes up, I score at Least an A-.

right so i am pretty much bored out of my mind.... only reason I don't really like math is cuz math=homework and lots of it at our school... which is why dispite my A average on tests , i score a B- to B+ in the class itself... .stupid homework.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Actually Carol you seem really smart for your age... when I was in 5th grade I don't think I knew anything about square roots at all. As for finding them without a caculator... my teacher last year refused to show us... and even if she had shown us... it would probably just make us want to use our calculators more than we already do. My class seems to be very comfortable when using calculators but once they get taken away we all panic! We don't know how to do it in our heads cuz we're so used to pushing buttons to do it for us. In 9th grade we had to take a test on matrices I think it was... and we weren't allowed to use our calculators to do the multiplications... so we all freaked out about that test!

As for algebra... it's trying to solve an equation to get the value of the unknown, or variable... aand you do that by trying to get all the known values on one side and the unknowns on the other side of the equal sign... okay, so it's really hard to explain especially since I wasn't in algebra last year... but that's pretty much what it is... I think!

Marik4me

Lover of Ishtar siblings
    Years
  • Math haters unite! XD LOL. I do not like math, though admittedly it's fun when I can do it right. I can hardly wait till I'm done with math in school, though. --.--;;;;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I love square roots!!

They are the best!

I liked Geometry best so far! All those shapes rock!

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • I lurve math! I got 95% in calculus and 7/7 on my IB exam. I'm sad now, that I won't get to take it again until university... next year is all English... I'm going to die x____________________x

It's not that I'm bad at english...I got 90% in it this semester...but I just hate it. Blah. T_____T

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Meh... Math sucks. School sucks, so... I hate all subjects. Last year, all my grades were... 94% or higher... which, though I don't care, I guess is pretty good.

Everyone tends to come to me for like help... not help... AnSwErs for assignments... which I find annoying, some people would even bribe me for answers then never pay me back... so... meh..

And Carol... you're probably smarter than I... its not that I don't have the capability to know algebra and such, I, quite frankly, just don't care... I'll just learn it a year before they teach it and advance it from there.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Well I dont see what there is to "like" about it. Is it F.U.N. to solve these problems?

I mean, I'm thankful that math exists, there's so many important purposes for it, that we really can't live without, but, I don't see how its very amusing...

Back