• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you have a dedicated Capture pokemon?

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    I use a Scyter and a gengar both that i got from WT luckly so they stuck in the team to help catch anythign which is uselfull with both false swipe and hypnosis

Years
  • I would normally use Absol for the False Swipe / Thunder Wave combo and very high attack, but any Pokemon that can learn False Swipe is good enough usually. Right now I have a lvl. 100 Farfetch'd with it because I've had it with me for pretty much my entire run of Y.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I usually use my Ampharos for Thunder Wave and that's about it lol. Really should get a False Swipe user in there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks so much guys, these are some really great ideas! I forgot about Parasect and Smeargle

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I catch wild Pokemon with my bare hands, like a real man...*cough*
    Seriously though I don't have an exact Pokemon I use, I'll just use someone with thunder wave or hypnosis most of the time. I also use quick and timer balls quite a lot (good thing I think both look pretty cool). Quick balls are really great against low level Pokemon, while timer balls are great if the battle ends up getting drawn out.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • this is the first game that i actually used a pokemon with false swipe to help catch pokemon; i used a lovely sneasel that i found mainly bc it was the only thing i had at the time that could learn it lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Ever since catching my Watchog on route 15, it has become my main Pokemon for helping me catch others (and my MegaEvolved Pokemon defeater too). It has 2 attacking moves (Bite & Thunderbolt) and 2 attacks that help me catch other Pokemon, or at least aid in catching them.

Mean Look so the opposing Pokemon I want to catch cannot flee from battle and Hypnosis (which for me misses a lot) for the opposite Pokemon to sleep and me having a higher chance on catching the Pokemon.

Forgot to mention - since I'm in the post-game now, left my main battling Watchog in the PC and brought out my breeded Patrat with everstone with the same move set (Thunderbolt, Bite, Mean Look, & Hypnosis).

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I had used Pangoro named after a friend of mine and it had a bad nature but I didn't want it to lose purpose for post game, so I slapped on False Swipe and that's what I take with me to the friend safari.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • My Absol has always been the one i used for capture purposes. Knowing false swipe, it can easily do the job. Its also a part of my Ingame team so its always with me

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • I have an entire team, really o_O

Gardevoir, for scoping out Hidden Abilities with Trace.

Haunter, for Sleep through Hypnosis.

Hawlucha, for False Swipe.

Butterfree, for Compoundeyes to farm items.

Trevanant, for Frisk + Thief.

Lapras, for Surfing Pokemon.

Sparkle_Dog

Pkmn Breeder & Berry Farmer
    Years
  • I use the Bisharp you can get in a trade from an NPC in Snowbelle I EV trained his attack and defense stats to the max, and taught him thunderwave and false swipe. He is AMAZING to use when catching other Pokemon. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    I use Absol. False Swipe, Thunderwave, Night Slash, Swords Dance. Works out pretty well. :)

Years
  • I throw Quick Balls, and unless I know the Pokémon is rare, if I miss I will probably defeat it, and if it happens to survive, I will throw a Dusk Ball (seeing as I always play at night, this Pokéball is a win for me).

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I use my Gallade for this purpose. It knows False Swipe, Mean Look, Thunder Wave and a moves that lets it defeat other Pokemon. With him I even managed to get Moltres.

How does your Gallade get Mean Look? Not finding how it would get that one.

Back