• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a HM slave?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you have a HM slave? Why do you use this certian pokemon?

I transfered my Bibarel from platinum because it was such a great Hm slave! Now that i think of it, it can learn any HM move exsept fly... i think ^^".

Do you have a HM slave?

PIKACHU DOES KUNGFU!

working out the kinks ;D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I don't have an HM slave. I never saw the point to it. Some Pokemon are fit for certain HM moves, and they fit them very nicely and are good moves for the Pokemon. So, I don't have one. I think it's unnecessary. :)

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • HM slaves r awesome but a prefer zizagoon or linoone

this may sound mean but i always saw them as just and item or tool >_> and when my friends asked how many pokemon u have in ur party i always said 5 XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I usually use like two Pokemon for battling throughout the game, so I always catch myself an HM slave. My last HM slave was Machop.

Years
  • I would use a bibarrel, but i only have 1 ds so i can't trade unfortunately.
    I have to use paras instead

Do you have a HM slave?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I don't see much point with this thread being HG/SS exclusive, really (and there's the 'What's your team?' thread already which people can mention it in anyway), so hence into General Pokemon Gaming it goes so people can talk about HM slaves in many other games as well. *punts thread*

D/P/Pt seemed to often be Biberal for most tasks (I usually went through Fog, not bothering to waste a space for Fog Clear), Gligar was also a decent one. In HG/SS, Mixture of Rattata and Quagsire, mostly. Gyarados does have potential though. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gee, thanks b&b. :( Just kidding. I usually don't carry my HM slave around with me, but in my Platinum file, since I only had four party members, I had a Bibarel and a Staravia. In HGSS, I don't really have an HM slave. I don't mind Strength, Surf, Waterfall, or Fly as much as I do the weaker moves. But, my Typhlosion has Cut, which I really want to scrap now. It was decent at the beginning of the game, but now it's in the way and I had to get rid of Smokescreen to teach Went Earthquake.

As for older games, I typically don't have one, especially for RBY. There's only 5 HMs, and the most unecessary are at the beginning of the game where you don't have your entire team assembled, so there's room for a Cutter or Flasher.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I usually use Machop. He has potential so I don't mind keeping around as a HM slave, but I really don't have much use for him other than that.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I usually have an HM slave. I just don't like the restrictions teaching an HM to a Pokémon I actually use causes. It takes way to much effort to delete an HM move so teaching most of them to Pokémon I don't care about makes sense to me.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Back when I was playing yellow on the gbc, I thought Cut was such a cool move so it would always go to my charmander.

Now I just have different pokemon with different HM's. Cut for Paras, Strength for Machop, etc.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Im im going in to cave i leave one spot open and catch a new geodude or whatever cause the pokemon in my team usually have surf and waterfall and my bird has fly so i do and dont

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Man bidoof is the greatest HM slave this series has ever had lol. But for Heart Gold my slave is sandshrew ;P

krazy_ninja

Poison Poison Poison!!!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, my HM slave is flygon it learns rock smash, strength and fly. I know, flygons a very strong pokemon but I don't care because theres alot more where they came from.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I never have a HM slave, eh I dont want a pokemon in my party that I dont use for battles lol!

Years
  • I've mentioned before that Smeargle is the one I use. Except in Generation two Kanto obviously.

Red Blue Yellow I did not have HM Slaves. Charizard had Fly, Weepinbell had Cut, Golem/Graveler had Strength. and the bazillion water guys had Surf.

Gold Silver Crystal had mantine with Whirlpool, Lapras as main Surf, Kingler with Rock Smash and Strength, Crobat/Kenya/Xatu with Fly. Farfetch'd had Cut.

Ruby Sapphire Emerald is when I had serious fun.
    Smeargle: Fly, Surf, Dive, Cut. Absol with Rock Smash. Linoone with Strength. Had Surf on others. They were lower than Smeargle in my lineup. Chinchou with Flash. Also use the Tentacool/Tropius.

Diamond Pearl Platty has Smeargle. Fly, Surf, Rock Climb, Defog. Nincada with False Swipe, Cut, Dig. Strength on Machop.

Back