• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Have a Special Pokemon for Catching?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • I'm raising my False Swipe Sneasel to a high level before I even consider using it against a Legendary. I got it fairy high-levelled in a trade, so it's been trained since Level 34, deeming it statistically weaker than other Pokémon I have.

I might just breed a new Sneasel, put False Swipe on it and EV it in Attack to ensure it can do the job properly. :p

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • I use crobat for mean look
    Bennette that knows frisk and theive incase I want an item like dragon scales from horseas
    then use scisior for false swipe

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I have...

Stantler for Frisking and Thieving
    Butterfree to increase chances of finding a Pokemon with an item

(My Shikacho Method)

and I have a Gallade exactly like you do xD but its on me Platinum and IDK where that is...

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    My Scizor and Slowking, work as a pair when I have my main battling team with me. Scizor's False swipe, and Slowking's yawn work together nicely.

But when I'm purposefully going out Pokemon Hunting (for one I specifically want, or a roaming legendary), I bring my Gengar, for it's Mean Look and Hypnosis.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • I didnt realise Kriketune was so useful. I have scyther for false swipe, polywrath for hypnosis and thief. Will probably keep them though as they are 2 of my favourite pokemon

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Against weaker Pokemon, usually my HM slave (mostly Red Gyarados) also serves as my capture Pokemon. I'm thinking of preparing a Gengar or Misdreavus for capturing the wandering legendaries, though. I've had zero luck with them thus far...

15ares

My jimmies remain unrustled.
    Years
  • i use lvl 100 scizor with false swipe, but for roamers i use umbreon with mean look/ baton pass and soundproof electrode

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • First Togetic. Togetic's got average Speed and crazy Special Defense for fast Pokemon. Togetic uses Yawn. Pokemon falls asleep. Switch over to Scyther, who then uses 1 of 3 moves depending on the situation. If it's a strong Pokemon who isn't weak to Bug Moves then X-Scissor. If it's a Pokemon who is weak to Bug Moves, then Slash. If it is a really weak Pokemon then False Swipe. Assuming it is the first 2 then I use and extra False Swipe to finish it to 1 HP and asleep. After that the Pokeballs.

^
    Epic Win :P

Back