• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have you own laptop?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Up until a few years ago, I used my mother's Macintosh, and it worked fine. But a few Christmases ago, my technology-illiterate grandmother went to buy me a laptop. She of course asked the clerks to help, who subtly but firmly pointed her in the direction of the most overpriced, glorified, bug-ridden piece of machinery in the store. I'm now stuck using it, because "it's a gift and you should respect it". It's one of those HP entertainment laptops with the purty patterns all over and the tendency to have broken or dysfunctional keys. I'm already missing my M key, and Shift is sputtering out.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
    ~$1090ish after student discount. I really don't give a crap what you think because, A) it's not low quality. B) I'll pay just about any price to have a Mac OS machine rather than windows, and don't give me crap about hackintosh.

Besides, the only true argument I've seen against mac's is the price tag, and well frankly, I don't give a flying whoop about that.

Amen to that. No one wants to get me fired up about Hackintosh, either. Trust me on this, you don't.

As Will Rogers might say if he lived to see the dawn of the computer age:
    "Why not go out on a limb and get a genuine Mac? That's where the fruit is."

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Yup.

Do you have you own laptop?

Samsung R580, mostly use it for gaming because that's what it was basically designed for..

But it works just fine all the other days too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I've had three laptops before, and now I own a pretty nice Netbook =3

Rosecross

Computer Wizard
    Years
    I have my own laptop and my own desktop.

The laptop sucks. It's from 2007, just 1 GB of Ram, sorta cheap (Acer Aspire 2100). I did heavy use of it, but the whole motherboard died sorta quickly, got a replacement, works fine with Windows XP. Overall: It's terrible.

My desktop is great. I build it myself. 64Bit Windows 7 with 8 GB of Ram, Core 2 Duo (considering to upgrade my mobo and my processor to run the i7), a 19'' monitor, 5 hard drives of 1 TB... I love it.

I'm considering getting a Macbook Pro for college, because I won't be able to take the CS classes with the crappy Acer I have. :X

Years
    Yes of course and It's my only one in my life. I got it in 2009 on my 18th birthday. HP Pavilion dv6000 15.4" HD 250GB 2GB RAM, AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz, Nvidia GF 8400 MGS 256 MB.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Yes, I got my Sony Vaio at the beginning this spring. I have loved it ever since. It's my baby, and I will never let anyone harm it.

Suzune

Gary Was Here, Ash Is A Loser!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Yep, an Inspiron 1525 I got 3 years ago as a gift. I still use it, even though the battery cant hold a full charge anymore.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yep, me, the 11 year old folk, has a laptop ! :O
    Nothing too major though. Just a netbook. Actually, to be more exact an Eee Pc from Asus (1005P). It came with Windows 7 and does the job for me. Better than that horrible original Eee Pc, with 4 GB HDD. Ugh .. >.>

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Yeah, my grandma bought me a Compaq (?) from Wal-Mart for High School. XP It works fine, a little loud but it has a nice big screen! :D And I switched schools and so this new school gives everyone laptops! Lucky me =/

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I got my dad's old one. It has Vista ... His new one has Windows 7 ... I want it bad

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    I am running happily on a Penryn Macbook Pro from Early 2008. (Pre Unibody)
    Specs are as follows:
    2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB DDR2 Ram
    250 GB 5400 RPM HDD
    Nvidia 8600M GT Graphics. 512 vram.

It is running Mac OS X Leopard and Windows 7 Ultimate. This is the best laptop computer I have ever owned! And Applecare is amazing<3
    I got this used with 2.5 years of Applecare for $1100 in January 2009. That's a steal!
    I had a bad battery which was replaced at no charge for me at the store. And a key also broke off somehow and they reinstalled it with no fuss.

Years
    I got a HP G62 a few months ago for college. I love it, but I feel that the battery dies way to quickly when it's unplugged.

Back