• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hide your love for pokemon?

Phaux

Legend Hunter
Years
  • It doesn't really come up with my friends much, though most of my closer friends do also play, so we pretty much breed starters for each other and such.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Everyone who knows me (and I really do mean everyone) know I'm a fanatic. And strangely, I'm not mocked or made fun of because of it.

Albeit I only love the games and the manga. If I liked the anime I'd probably get picked on or something, IDK. But since I bash it so much and say it's ridiculous, it's cool. :3

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Nope. I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend that plays Pokemon with me. =] We both openly play in math class...it's kinda funny. =] And we've gotten some other people hooked on it again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    I'm 20 years old, am in a Street Punk band (The Agrestix, check us out on Charged Records or search engines) that is one of the most popular punk bands in the Mid-West, grew up into Pokemon when i was around 10, then started spiking my hair, wearing combat boots, smoking ciggerettes and running drugs. ( I was a troubled youth) Over the past year or two I have gotten back into Pokemon, and am completely open about it. Don't care who knows it.

Now if some of the Agrestix fans knew I loved Pokemon as much as I did, I'm sure I'd catch a LOT of heat for it, but in a joking way I'm sure....

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
    Years
  • I change according to the situation. If I know that the people around me won't be affected if I tell them about the fact that I still watch 'Pokemon', I'll be okay with telling them. If I think that they'll make fun of it(this happens really rarely), then I'll hide it.

Its a different case for games, though. I LOVE the games and I'm totally open about it. I can openly tell everyone that I love the games. ;D

Years
  • I don't go running around saying that I still play Pokémon games. Only a few people know that I still play. And if anyone asks me, I have no problem saying that I still play. :)

King!

better
    Years
  • Yes, I hide it. Being in middle school, and not being over the age of 2 when the whole thing started(or something like that, xD), the nostalgia isn't there. No one I know, except for a neighbor and maybe a friend plays it, and someone at my school called my neighbor weird for still liking it.

So yes, to avoid 'drabble', I hide it, and wish I didn't have to....

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 5, 2010
    I only talk about it when others talk about it, that way I know they're into it like me. But I never shout out into the open "Hey! Who likes Pokemon!?!?", that would be embarrassing :cheeky:

Charzy

:3 Charizard :3
    Years
  • No. I am more open about loving Pokemon to my general and close friends, but as for other people, well it isn't their business and if they do know then whoop-ti-do; I don't care. Pokemon is a huge part of my childhood - I am guessing yours too - therefore it is a part of who I am and I wouldn't deny that for anything. Be comfortable and proud with who you are! :)

Pokemon FTW

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Nope. They don't really care about it, though. And they respect it. Some people out there probably thinks I'm childish or something, but meh, I wouldn't care.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • yes....

even my nine-years-old cousin doesn't like pokemon....

my friends would totally make fun of me for year if im tryin' to talk about pokemon...D:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Everybody I know knows I like Pokémon, from my classmates to my close friends. As I've said in a previous thread somewhere, none of them really care, and I wouldn't care even if they did. xD

Back