• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you keep the same team each game if the Pokemon are availible through each game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2023
    In gen 1 though 3 I try to keep the same Pokemon in my line up. Other gens that don't have them I make my own team of what is available. My lineup is Pikachu/Riachu, Geodude/Gravler, Meowth/Persian, starter Pokemon, Pidgey/Pidgeot and a random one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Variety is the spice of life. I love using completely different Pokemon in all of my teams. I'd only reuse Pokemon if the selection is limited like in Colosseum.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Nope. Always different to the best of my ability.

If one happens to be the same from a previous playthrough, it's likely due to its immediate availability or laziness on my part.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • The only time I have done this is when I used to use Crobat in my team for 3 o 4 regions, but I have since found replacements for it and only use it in my Sinnoh team. I love to try Pokemon I've never used before when a new generation comes out; once I find 6 Pokemon per region, they are permanent.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    For brand new games, I will always have a Lucario on my team. I got very lucky with XY. ;) For games I'm replaying, I'll vary it up greatly and try to play with Pokemon I've never used.

Years
  • I prefer to have the same ones if possible. Otherwise, I simply use the most convenient available Pokemon beforehand.

Probably because I want to see if there is anything new they add for my favorites.

Years
  • I exclusively use Pokemon that are native to the region I'm traveling through until the Pokemon League is defeated. Every type for each member should be different, but I'll always throw in a Dragon Pokemon somewhere.

Years
  • Though I love playing with favorites, whenever I'm starting a new game, whether it's in a new region or not, I always use Pokémon native to that region up to the Elite Four. I always love trying out new Pokémon, so if I have the opportunity to do so, I'll take it! Typically after I finish the game, I'll throw in some if my favorites from previous games/generations and the current game and make a team out of them. There has been ocassional times where I have a whole team of new Pokémon, and times where I had no new Pokémon. It all really depends. :P

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Using regional natives is always a great way to get to learn about the new things in a new generation. There's a thrill behind it, for instance not knowing a Pokemon's learn-able movesets, base total and capabilities. :)

Years
  • Using regional natives is always a great way to get to learn about the new things in a new generation. There's a thrill behind it, for instance not knowing a Pokemon's learn-able movesets, base total and capabilities. :)
    I totally agree! It's always great to learn all about the newest Pokémon. :)

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I totally agree! It's always great to learn all about the newest Pokémon. :)

Yeah, it's also important to step out of the comfort zone and explore new possibilities!~

If I haven't explore what's out there. Abomasnow and Yanmega wouldn't be part of my favorites! {XD}

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I tend to chop and change although I have started breeding my teams for the next game since Gen 6 (have my team bred for the next release already). About the only pokemon it tends to always contain is Charizard.

Years
  • Most of the games in which the Roselia line was available in often had me using it (since there are a lot of regional Dexes that it's part of, notably Hoenn, Sinnoh, B2W2 Unova and Kalos) but the only one so far that I didn't use it in was OR/AS, since I already had Breloom as my Grass-type and it's really not in any Dex other than Hoenn's.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thinking about it, I actually do! The combination of Pok?mon I have on my team, I'm very comfortable with, so I try to stick with the same as much as I'm able.

Years
  • That was kinda what I used to do in the original Hoenn games, and to some sort of extent in DP, but now that we have games with a lot of Pokémon and more mechanics I like to use basically anything I feel like.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Yeah, it's also important to step out of the comfort zone and explore new possibilities!~

If I haven't explore what's out there. Abomasnow and Yanmega wouldn't be part of my favorites! {XD}

Exactly, I love learning about a region by trying use native pokemon of said region in my lineup!
    Allowed Buizel line, Gliscor, Lopunny, Delcatty (surprisingly) Gible and Scolipede to jump into my favorites list ^^

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Nah, I like to use a unique team each time I play through a game. The only Pokémon that I've ever had doubles of were starters and I think Gardevoir (which I had in both Sapphire and Y). I like to sample a bit of what every Pokémon has to offer (except Rattata/Raticate--I will never use those ungodly creatures).

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Nah, I like to use a unique team each time I play through a game. The only Pokémon that I've ever had doubles of were starters and I think Gardevoir (which I had in both Sapphire and Y). I like to sample a bit of what every Pokémon has to offer (except Rattata/Raticate--I will never use those ungodly creatures).

There's no problem with the Ralts line, they received a Fairy-type addition in XY. While they are native in Hoenn.~ ^_^

Back