• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I generally like the starters from every generation, only because they're unique in their own way.. not to mention ANY pokemon is only as 'awesome' as you make them I guess? I really don't let the basis of whether they 'suck' or not act as reasoning to deposit them.. so I usually max out their stats and train them a little harder to make them stronger. Currently, my starter on Platinum ( as I've began to play it for the first time a couple of days ago ) is Chimchar.. whose since evolved into Monferno. So to answer your question? Yes. There'll always be a starter on any squad I train for the most part. :)

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • Yes of course.My typhlosion is the strongest in my team^___^ Umbreon is the second=) I always pick a fire starter in games=) They are very helpfull in leagueXD (water pokemon hates my Typhlosion because of thunderpunch=)

RainRaikou

雨 ライコウ
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Totally! Me too. It's like, abandoning your best friend xD

I never liked Meganium or Typhlosion (To me, Typhlosion's over-rated :P). I haven't really thought about Venusaur. I nearly ALWAYS use the Water starter, ever since Pokemon Blue. But for Diamond I sometimes choose Turtwig :P

And does anyone else think that there is a SERIOUS lack of good fire pokemon?? (besides starters)
    In diamond there were like none, unless you chose Chimchar. The only other fire pokemon in that game i can think of is ponyta xD
    I think that Entei is the only strongest pure fire type i know of ,also i think that fire types also rely on other type than compared to water (one of the biggest types) and grass types.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • For the "journey to Elite Four" duration, I usually will always have my starter Pokemon. After that, I swap them out with more powerful Pokemon for the harder contents of the game.

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    Yeah, I do. I feel bad if I don't. When I imported HG, I evolved my Cyndaquil all the way so that it was really strong and could easily beat stuff, but when I bought SS here in the US, I kept my Totodile as a Totodile. She's kind of strong, but has lower stats since she's still in her base form. I actually bred my Japanese Typlosion from HG with another Pokémon, and their child is part of my SS team, haha.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Before DP I remember I always had to have my starter on my team, regardless of how far I was into the game or what I was doing at the moment. I think that habit comes from Yellow version, where Pikachu would make this god-awful cry if you ever deposited him. That's changed, however. At the moment on my Soul Silver, I have a team of six Lv. 1 Rhyhorns, since I'm breeding them.

Years
  • I used to but then I thought 'meh, it won't kill me'. So I tossed my Totodile in the PC after it became a Croconaw and replaced it with a Poliwag. Now my Politoed, Happy, is my favorite member of my team <3

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • :D Ever since I first started some 9-10 years ago, on every single playthrough of any game without fail I've always kept my starter! On Yellow, the first game I got, I used to spend days planning which 2 pokemon I'd have to round off my team because I always used Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard and Venusaur!! Thinking about it now though... it would be interesting to have a completely new team without the starter.... hmm... xD

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Normally I never leave my starter.
    First pokemon have special connections<3
    But gosh, I hate starters in SoulSilver, so I dumped by Quilava for a Flareon xD

Back