• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • MY Typhlosion is in my Team Still, but I'm eventually going to replace him with another, bred to have Perfect IV's...
    Beat Red With Typhlosion, he's got my respect.

yeah i feel like i always need to take my Typhlosion with me and i never put it in the pc for some reason and i always want to use it as well. :)

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I always keep my starter! He was my first one, so I feel I have to, and I want to. I also love them too! :)

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • I keep my starter for the storyline, I feel as if it's mandatory. But after that, when I get started on a nice EV'd team, I take him out.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think it's only fair if I do since it seems just about right to travel with it all your way across. Only until after the Elite Four do I store it in the PC box for some time; they deserve a break! However until then, I keep training and leveling up my starter because it's the very first Pokémon you get in the game and you're expected to have some memories with it. :P Never have I really not started with one of the three before, as I never really wanted to do that before. It's fun to have a Pokémon companion you have from the beginning to the very end and being the first Pokémon you receive and all makes it one to admire. n_n

Years
  • The only starter I keep once I have my 5 team is Blaziken as it is a fire/fighting so I can use it for fighting moves and perhaps a fireblast too :P

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Always.

I've never been able to make a team without a starter Pokemon in it.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I usually have, but it feels as if you always want to keep it. Even when the pokemon is the crappy end to your team. My feraligatr is a pain. I only keep him because of surf, but even then, I still want to keep him. But I plan on trading him out for suicuine to come in :).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I tend to keep my starter Pokemon because for the most part its always a water type and I do need to surf around within the games and because I can't seem to find six brand new Pokemon for my team...besides I think that the starter Pokemona are some of the strongest Pokemon inside of the games

:t354:TG

Years
  • I always have a compelling urge to keep my starter on my team. My Feraligatr (Bubbles) has pulled his weight through the entire game. The only exception I suppose is if I'm doing a Nuzlocke and it dies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • I keep my starter. Why? Well, for starters, they are good for the beginning of the game, when there isn't much else to use, and then they get a good bit of experience from that, and can become really powerful. The ony time I don't keep my starter is when I'm doing a challenge of some sort. They also make great HM slaves xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    HGSS was the first game where I got rid of the starter

I traded my Cyndaquil for a Charizard

Years
  • I always tend to keep my starters in my games, and I did again in HG/SS. Idk, if I take my starter out of my party, I feel like somethings missing.

Back