• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

TascheMonster

Tasche Monster Master
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    i usually do but after i restarted HG i just choose Cyndaquil but havent evolved him yet just left him unevolved throught the time

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I got my Cyndaquil to evolve to Quilava in HG and it's been in the box ever since. I don't know why but I almost never keep my starters past maybe the first 3 towns and then I get Pokemon that I really want and start breeding.
    I haven't even finished the Kanto part of the story. I just spend so much time breeding.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I USUALLY do, but in heart gold, I ended up liking Arcanine more than Quilava (never ended up evolving him), so i ditched him

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    i usually keep it till the end of the story. But when the game is over i rarly ever have my starter after that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    Mostly, but sometimes I pick a starter that I like unevolved but I start to dislike when its evolved (ex. Turtwig to Torterra), but after a while I know which one I like overall.

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    I always have my starter with me. The only time i dont' is when i'm on wi fi or trading with my friends. My Meganium has always had the last laugh when it came to tough battles.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    I think it depends on my starter or what team I want to set up. For example, my most recent play of Emerald I had a team set up prior to starting the game and a started was not in need. My team ended up being a sandstorm sunny day team. Shiftry, Flygon, Wishcash, Haryiahma, Sandslash and Camerupt.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I almost always keep my starter Pokemon on my team and so far have always had at least one starter Pokemon on my team. The only game in which I haven't kept my original starter was Diamond when I got rid of my Empoleon and traded for an Infernape (who was pretty much the only Gen IV starter that I liked).

Jubi

Leafy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I still have Meganium...
    He sadly is just banished to the PC =(

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    My starter is and always has been my team
    Im too lazy to train up an entire team so I keep my starter nice and strong
    And we become the best as a fighting duo

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Most of the time, it's in my team when I'm not Wi-Fi battling. Or trading. My starter will always exist in my games. Never released.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    I used to, but recently in HeartGold I traded a lot of recently caught pokemon from my Sister's Pearl and Soul Silver and I replaced my Totodile with a shiny Snorunt. Sorry Totodile :(

Years
    I always keep my starter pokemon, but that's because they're usually one of my favourite pokemon.
    I only replace them when I want to breed some pokemon and have 5 eggs in my team.
    Because then I have a pokemon who knows fly for that last spot.

Years
    My Typhlosion has been in my team since it was a wee wittle Cyndaquil. I dunno why but i'm more of a solo trainer than a team trainer. And usually when i pick my starter i use nothing else. In LG my Charizard was level 80 something before i even took on the league in which he grew 2 levels. So yeah My Start Pokemon has my respect and i'll only take it out when i have eggs or i have to show something or something along those lines.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I always keep my starter on my team. I tend to grow attached to my starter during the early game, when it's my main Pokemon, and that attachment remains even after I develop more of a team. When I was younger, I used to refuse to ever put my starter in the PC for any reason! Now, I'll do that, but only to temporarily make space (e.g., for trading or breeding).

Back