• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    I've always kept my starter on my team. It seems weird to play the game without them :( The only time I didn't keep my starter was when I tried to do a mono-flying run of gold. I gave up on that when I got owned by a magnemite XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    yeah, I've never gotten rid of my starter during a playthrough. I usually keep it for the entire playthrough, but once I finish it usually sits in the PC.

Version Five

Restarted entire hack. :(
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    No, I keep it until I beat the last of the gyms, when its done evolving. I replace it with my other, stronger Pokemon, but my starters are always strong, I train them till level 100. But I prefer other Pokemon, using my starters makes me feel like I overuse them, which I used to do.

But, no, I don't keep my starters with me at all nowadays.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I normally due, with the only exception being in Diamond where I traded my Tortera for a Salamence. I normally keep them due to them being as rare as most legendaries!

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    I used to just solely train up my starter Pokemon in the earlier Pokemon games, so it was my strongest by about 30-40 levels, but now, I train all 6 Pokemon up at a constant rate :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I was going to swap my starter out... until I read this thread :/
    Now I've always felt mean putting my starter in a comp, but I tried to brush it off, but I can't fight it anymore. The only gen I've swapped my starter out has been gen 4 (which I didn't particually enjoy as a gen tbh anyway).

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i always do, he started your journey with you, He becomesa a freind

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Yes, of course. You can only have them once, so might as well keep them.
    Plus they are your first Pokemon, so they're probably your strongest Pokemon you have in your team.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I dont always like to keep my starter pokemon but since there are few decent pokemon in the beggining i really dont have much of a choice. :P

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I don't like the gen 2 starters as much as i liked the gen 4 starters so i used my nintendo dsi and my nintendo ds lite and i traded over all 3 sinnoh starts lv1 untouched.Then rare candy them up to level 10.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I try to keep my starter for as long as I can. I really never abandon it, because I'll go through my stuff and level it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I don't know why either, but I never take mine out of my party! Whenever I thought about it, I always wondered... What would Ash's Pikachu do if he sent it back to Oak's lab? And then i'd feel kinda guilty.... :/

Back