• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

LugiaSeaGod

<--Who's awesome now, Dratini?
Years
  • For a while, yeah. Usually I don't remove my starter till
    after the Elite Four, at least. But one time in Platinum
    I traded over a Torchic to use as my starter cause
    I HATE the Sinnoh Starters.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Until recent games, I was more inclined to make my starter a perpetual asset on my team; however, I then learned how to IV and EV train and do all that fun stuff, so especially after the Elite Four I replaced it with my favorites like Gardevoir, Altaria, and Rampardos. ;p

Vegas

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
  • I usually keep my started in my team and level them up until they are 100 and then either use it all the time or just dump it into PC.
    Because I'm rude like that.

GrazingCrow

Scholar of Flames
    Years
  • Torterra is just too beast to let go.. ;) Speed EVs and IVs won't do much to help his disgusting, low speed.. But that's why you need learn how to prolong his life with items. :)
    Same goes for Charizard.. However, even though he is probably my most cherished pokemon, he is simply too weak when fighting against trainers who take EVs and IVs into serious account. D;
    Nonetheless, I still keep them in my team with their random EVs (IVs and Nature, I check, aha) because I love to use them in battles against real players. I believe that I'm also entitled to bragging rights if my random-EVed pokemon defeats another trainer's strict EVed pokemon. ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    oh man...

i always come to this problem...i always keep the first four pokemon i catch (togepi and starter are the other two), but it always comes to a point where i need to switch out because none of my pokemon can use a certain HM...for the most part (except for a few exceptions '>.>) i keep all my original pokemon

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • Well, that was a major page stretch. In any case, I pretty much had to keep my Feraligatr in my team in SoulSilver. I felt like it would be betraying my childhood to not use it. After all, it was the only non-HM Slave in my team way back in the days of G/S/C. I swept the entire game with it back then... xD

Years
  • I started with Chikorita in SS (which now a Bayleef), but I highly regret choosing it. If I could, I would restart for a Totodile.

Any other time, I always keep my starter in my party until I feel like I've finished the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Yup, I always keep my starter, I feel bad if i put it in pc for an extended period of time

Years
  • I don't think I have ever not used my stater to complete a game. I mean, it is who you start out with and the one that is usually the highest level (for me at least) when I play throughout the game. :) And I believe they are the stronger pokemon within the beginning of the games. I just don't see me ever not using a stater to complete a game (unless it is a challenge I try to complete) XD

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I keep my Starter Pokemon in my team, but don't really use it much as I get further into the game.

Back