• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like being a human?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Say, everyone... Do you guys like living as a human being?

What are the things that you get from human life that you enjoy the most? Or, if you don't like being a human, what do you wish to become instead?

This maybe a bit confusing for some, so I'll start. I do not like my life as a human, & I'd much rather be something with no emotions & no need for sexual reproduction, preferably a robot.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Nah, I hate living as a human being. I don't think there is that much benefits with being a human. I wouldn't mind being a penguin XD

Outlier

I like being a human but there definitely are some overwhelming emotions that I wouldn't have to deal with if I were an animal.

I'd love to be a dog in another life. Only if I liked my owners though. Otherwise I'd prefer to be a wolf.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    A dog maybe. I wouldn't need to do anything and I would just lay down all day.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I dunno if anyone can answer this question properly, as none of us have any reference point.

We only know how to be humans and nothing else.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Sometimes I look at my dog and think I'd rather be her. No responsibilities, just eat, sleep and play all day, and everybody loves and pampers the hell out of her.

Years
  • I can't say I enjoy being a human, but I'm not sure I'd want to be something else as then I wouldnt be able to enjoy the few things I like. Plus, though having emotions can suck at times, sometimes its great. <3 Sometimes having no life at all sounds appealing to me, other times it sounds scary, guess it. just depends on how things are going.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    With no need for sexual reproduction? How does seaweed sound? As for me, I wish I were a biiiird.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My past life as a demigod was much more interesting and enjoyable, but I'm a good sport and I'll take what I can get this time around.
    Oh man, I laughed so hard at this. Mostly cause I can actually picture Nick as a Demigod :P

Personally, and perhaps it cause I'm kindaaaa biased lmao, but I love living as a human. It's fun, to say the least :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I like living as a human but I wish life was longer. Seaturtles and lobster seem to live forever.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Nah, I hate living as a human being. I don't think there is that much benefits with being a human. I wouldn't mind being a penguin XD

Dude, Penguins have it rough. The male and the baby sit in the cold all season while the female goes out and gets food, I believe. The idea of being a penguin is fun, but if you know the life of a penguin it sucks.

I wouldn't mind being a dolphin. Everyone loves dolphins. However, being a human sucks in comparison to the freedom all the other animals get. They also live much more simple lives with less feelings.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • I quite like being a human. I can express myself in ways that animals couldn't even conceive. Music, painting, literature, architecture; these are all things that only humans are capable of. Sure, some animals have "songs" they sing, and lots of animals build houses, but those songs and houses are pretty much for survival, and decidedly not expressing feelings.

Even simple things like styling my hair or changing my clothes, these are forms of expression too. There's a certain individuality that exists within humanity, and it's pretty amazing to see what people create. So, yes, I do like being a human. It's fun. XD

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
  • Good luck playing Pokemon with the brain of a cat.
    Hell yeah I like being human, I wouldn't be anything else.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    If anything I would like to be an improved human. Some kind of cool super power

Mind reading, speed, flight, invisibility, I'd take anything

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I don't. We have to work our entire lives to be able to get basic needs. Like really? Having to pay for food, water, and healthcare. While the other animals can just sit around and wait for it. xD Pets have it good. Especially cats. I love cats. Maybe being one would be fun. Hunting, sleeping, playing, and eating alll day without a care in the world.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • There's a lot of generalising in this thread, haha.

Sure, some animals have the good life (though we can't know for sure, it could be extremely stressful for them), but other animals are hurt, abused, hunted, and killed. Not so much fun, huh? So yah, I like being human.

Being a seagull would be pretty cool, maybe. But I'd rather be human. Maybe have wings.

Back