• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like children?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • This thread was practically made for me and yet it's taken me this long to get to it lol

I cannot stand kids. I don't even like my niece. I don't want them within a 10-mile radius of where I'm standing at any given moment. If people bring their children into my liquor store, I walk away from the counter and let whoever I'm working with deal with them (though honestly, people should know better than to bring their children into a place that sells alcohol). Honestly I wish people wouldn't talk to me at all until they reach the age of 10 (though if you are under 10 and want to talk to me here, please don't be shy! I don't mind kids so much online :P)

My hatred of children goes deeper than finding them annoying, though of course I do. It's actually at the point where I feel no paternal instinct, no feeling of protectiveness toward children in any sense of the word. I also hate the attitude everybody has toward children; that they are something to be shielded from the big bad world. All this sheltering serves to do is infringe on the freedoms of adults, usually in the form of censorship. I hate censorship.

I'd go into all the reasons that I hate the kids themselves, but I'm not feeling very well at the moment and I've said it enough times on here (in various threads in OVP and OC and even in my blog) so if you're interested enough you can go searching :P. I might come back and post again when I'm thinking clearer lol

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Children are definitely the reflections of their parents. Not exact copies, but if they're ill-mannered that means their parents didn't hit them enough drill them well. When kids tell me things like it's a fact, usually things their parents told them, I think it's funny. They're so full of themselves it's adorable. Children are just so innocent and really don't know anything. When they start whining/crying/breaking stuff, they get guilty there.

But from my experience as a baby-sitter/volunteer at a hospital, kids really aren't that bad. It could just be from the ones I've worked with, but I thought they were good company and fun to be around. They make me laugh. They have an interesting though process, one that I lost. In short, they're impertinent and interesting characters.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I used to be against them, but after babysitting these two boys for almost three years, they changed my mind. When I first started babysitting them I'd come home crying because they were such terrors and I really wanted to stop. However, their mom confided in my mom that she was happy I was babysitting for her because she hadn't been able to keep a sitter and she needed to work two jobs, so I kept at it. Eventually those terrors turned into great kids, it just took a lot of time to figure out how to work with them and understand them.

Now they're old enough to not need me babysitting them anymore </3

I realize not all kids are gonna have the same effect on me, but these kids were horrible and confirmed everything I felt at the time about hating kids. However, they also made me like them as well as time went on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I feel like the minority in this thread right now, haha. I love kids. I've worked looking after them for over five years now and it really builds up your patience level, lemme tell you. When I first started my job, I didn't like them at all, but over time, they really did grow on me. Even the "little terrors" have their sweet moments and I'm so used to any terrible antics they do that it no longer bothers me at all. Honestly, once you get to know their quirks and personalities, you realize that every child is different and awesome in their own way. Or that's what I've learned over the years. /cheesefest

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I like BABIES. babies are cute. bt after they stop being babies I don't like them anymore >:T

I just don't like people though :T

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • Well, it kind of depends.

I've babysat several children, most of them whom I was related to. Kids in the family are a pain, as well as younger and/or arrogant children. I have one particular cousin who is the biggest brat I've ever met. She's...devious and maniacal just aren't enough to describe her.

I helped watch some children who were in a play when I was a part of crew for a drama production, and it was actually pretty fun. They were really nice and listened to the instructions they were given. They even traded Pokemon with me! I got my Milotic thanks to one of them ^^.

In general, I like most kids. If they have good manners, that is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In my terms, kids are alright for me. I like them, but I prefer not to have them myself. I know that's not the point of the topic.

I love my 4-year-old niece and my 9-year-old sister as if they're my own. I take care of them whenever my mom or sister are busy. But sometimes THEY CAN BE SOOOO ANnOOOOYING. It just depends on the kids I meet. Some can be loud, some can be quiet, it depends on personality. Whatever the case, I'm alright with them.

Years
  • I like children yes :3 inb4 pedo their just so interesting. The way they process things in their head and the theories and questions they can come up with is just amazing if you ask me.
    Sure they can be annoying at times but be honest, how many of youu can say your not annoying to someone at times? I don't think anyone. Just because their younger and have less life experience doesn't mean they should just be rules out. It just gives you a chance to mould someone into your perfect image :D

Years
  • No.
    I can't stand them. MOST are brats and I just get really annoyed when they are around.

Being honest, 7-8/10 kids really annoy me.​

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I hate kids from the ages 3-13 as the ones I have met are annoying and seem to get away with things we never got away with at their ages.

From the ages of 13 they ain't kids anymore in my books.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do not like children. There have only been a handful--like I could count the amount of them on one hand--that I have enjoyed being around since the time I stopped considering myself a child too. :| I just find them really annoying and I never know what to say around them, haha.

WhiteExterior

Back from Beyond
    Years
  • I love children, even if they can sometimes be difficult. Being only 18, of course I'm not going to be having anytime soon, but I'd really love to have them someday. I've always gotten along with younger kids, and they've always loved me.

Now TEENAGERS, on the other hand...

Back