• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like rain/storms?

Do you like storms?

• Yes

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • I'm only asking because there's a crazy storm in Sydney right now and it's hailing and lightning and everything.

What are your thoughts on storms? Do you enjoy them (implying you're inside)? Or do you not?

Personally, I like them when I'm inside. Don't actually know why, though. It just makes me feel happy inside, although I can't explain why everything getting wet would cause me to feel like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I love rain and storms. They are humbling. I love their smell. I love their sound. I find them both soothing and invigorating.

IllusDark8

I mean, if it's a thunderstorm. I love listening to music and cranking it. Just sometimes, if you get it right, it goes along with it. Ooooo.. shivers down my spine.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I love the sounds of rain and thunder. Lightning? Maybe not. I find storms relaxing unless I'm outside in which it becomes some sort of "RUN FOR THE HILLS" sort of scenario. It's also nice getting a sniff of the rain outside but that's rarely considering I tend to shut all of the doors/windows whenever a storm's approaching.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like storms, they help me to sleep. As long as there's no tornadoes...**** tornadoes.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    STORM !! Errrr, I hate them I hate them and I hate them, But still I love the name :3 ! My name is Strom thunder but I want to change the name to thunder, But my luck don't make me change it haha I mean there is no way for me to change it in this time Plus I don't really like Storm so my name is Strom
    I really hate storms, They destroy people, take away things plus making a scenario full of gore and blood ;~;

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I utterly love them and I wish I could get more, but they are pretty rare where I live. Oh well.

Years
  • I love thunderstorms, when I'm inside of course. When they start I perch myself next to a window and watch out for the lightning. Like mentioned by others, I find them energising (lol, electricity jokes).

I'm not a fan of hailstorms just because of the propensity for property damage. My property doesn't have a garage and I like my car dent free.

I love the sounds of rain and thunder. Lightning? Maybe not.

I find this statement a bit confusing as thunder is the sound that lightning makes. You can't have one without the other.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I like the sound of thunder while not liking the visual appeal of lightning if that makes more sense. I realise there can't be one without the other though. And yeah hailstorms are pretty bad but thankfully they don't happen here too often. :'D

Years
  • And yeah hailstorms are pretty bad but thankfully they don't happen here too often. :'D

The storm we had today was actually a hailstorm. I haven't been out to assess the damages yet, but hopefully my house is all good. I'm sort of worried.

Years
  • I love rain. I don't like being in it, but when I'm inside, I love it. I like it as torrential as possible, with no hint of sky whatsoever.

I hate sunshowers. They're just so wrong. Rain shouldn't be like that.

And I like it to rain as long as possible, until I need the rain to stop so I can do something.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • I love it, and living in England you'd think it would happen more often but I've quite missed it this year. ;_; It's already December and as usual theres no snow yet...
    But I love listening to rain on a conservatory roof, or in an old house where you can hear it hitting the old roof, each little drop.

Sometimes fall asleep if it starts raining, I should probably download one of those sleep music players that plays different kinds of rain-y noises. :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I really like rain, as long as I'm not being forced to sit in it. I like the big fat rain that thumps when it hits things. I prefer it to be a medium rain, not too much but not a drizzle. Warm rain is gross, get out of here with that crap. I love when the sky is all misty and heavy with fog, those early morning rains are always the best, you go outside and you can just smell it coming. It could rain forever for all I care, as long as it's not the hard painful warm rain.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Also in Sydneyish and I'm in the middle of one right now. Absolutely loving it, makes it easy to sleep :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When it's warm and it's raining everything is humid and sticky and your clothes stick to you and your hair frizzes. No thanks.

I don't mind it as long as I'm inside. I take no pleasure in walking in the rain, and I really don't enjoy the feeling of wet clothing. I do like night thunderstorms though, where you can turn out the lights and listen to it/watch it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I love Rain, even being out in it. I loved it when I was playing football and these days I like running in it (when its not to slippy which it has been because of the leaves). Indoors, perfect. Really find it quite therapeutic when sitting watching it out the window.

I think I prefer rain to sun to be honest, and in Scotland sun is a rarity. Just more accustomed to it I guess.

Back