• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like seafood?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I HECKING YEAH SEAKING LOVE SEAFOOD.

Best of all, Lobster. You know how delicious that tastes? Yeah Lobster and Shrimp. Just think about them makes me hungry

Seafood it's for sea animals. By eating seafood not only you're consuming what is the corpse of a tortured animal who died of asfixiation, but you're also doing harm to lots of other species (some endangered) of animals, and helping to ruin an entire ecosystem.

OH NOES! I LUV SEAFOOD! Watcha gonna do? Eat me? D:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Pal, I assume you meant fish aren't mammals, otherwise your comment makes even less sense. I suggest you look up what is meat. Back in time, it even meant a veggie's pulp. It now refers to muscle tissue in general, wich, yeah, fish do have.
    Also, the point isn't the meat, it's the act of taking one's life for selfish motives.

You sound like a nice person who fights for what you believe in. When you say forced morality, you mean just awareness and ethics. Rapists and pedos aren't even murderes, so yeah, I guess it's not such a good comparison, and don't forget about slavery. No much differs us from the animals, today we know they can even develop abstract thinking. They also have language systems (remember, one's language it's the expression of his ontological condition, thus being him an individual).
    Koodos for you for doing charity, really. Notmany people do. I also devote my time and money as a volunteer at two social aid projects (one being at a children's hospital, another helping people build houses, as I live in an area of south Brazil that suffered a hell lot with landslides last year).
    Back to the subject, you say you'd kill every endangered species if it would help people in need in some way. Now I'm eager to know what's the line you chalk between people and the other animals, and why is the pain of some worse than others on your point of view, since you yourself are so willing to express your primitivity - I don't mean this to offend you, really just making a point, violence is a part of human condition.

Btw, Signo, I'm really gonna make a thread about animal rights, I'm just answering statements directed at me. If I'm not supposed to answer people's opinions, nor are they supposed to raisem, eh? So I guess I'm not crossing any line, not by myself at least.
    Since a mod has said to wrap this discussion up, I'd rather continue it in private message or in that thread you're talking about making (for the record, it'd probably be beneficial for you to make it in Other Chat rather than Other Voting Polls). I sent you a private message that you can quote and respond to in the new thread if you wish, however.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Ohhhh, I love seafood!! Shrimp, lobster, squid, and octopus are my favorites!! Mmmmmmm! Ohhh, they're all so good, :)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I really do enjoy seafood, shrimp is the best I always enjoy it. Crab, lobster etc is also very good and I just enjoy it in general. Seafood restaurants are my favorite. :D

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    sushi isn't my favourite thing in the world, but i don't mind it. shrimp and lobster are damn delicious!

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
    I love meat and all, but I absolutely hate seafood. Couldn't force that down my throat if you paid me a 1000 dollars. Well.....

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I love seafood, there are so many different kinds of seafood. I especially like shrimp and crayfish.

Seafood it's for sea animals. By eating seafood not only you're consuming what is the corpse of a tortured animal who died of asfixiation, but you're also doing harm to lots of other species (some endangered) of animals, and helping to ruin an entire ecosystem.
    Go lean, go bean, go green ftw.

Are you gonna go telling people that Penguins are wrong and should be forced to eat beans is well?

Zet

Years
    Pal, I assume you meant fish aren't mammals, otherwise your comment makes even less sense. I suggest you look up what is meat. Back in time, it even meant a veggie's pulp. It now refers to muscle tissue in general, wich, yeah, fish do have.
    Also, the point isn't the meat, it's the act of taking one's life for selfish motives.
    Surviving isn't a selfish thing at all, taking something and keeping it all to yourself is selfish. Giving food to feed everyone else is not selfish, so buddy you really gotta think before you post. But hey, thinking in your own way, wouldn't taking the life of a plant so you can survive be selfish?

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    The only "seafood" I eat is canned tuna. I live in Minnesota, there are a lot of lakes and sport fishing is very popular, so I eat a lot of fresh water fish. I don't know if that's seafood.

Go lean, go bean, go green ftw.

"Fish eat fish, so why may I not eat them?"- Benjaman Franklin

Welcome to life! Animals kill other animals and eat them.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    ...well since this thread is steadily getting more discussion based, I'll retract my former statements and move this along to Other Chat.

-Moved-
    Wooooo!! Now people get +1..

Anyway I love see food... I love lobster.. I just love it... But I'm Icelandic so no surprise here... xD

Fish soup is my favorite kind of soup.. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The only "seafood" I eat is canned tuna. I live in Minnesota, there are a lot of lakes and sport fishing is very popular, so I eat a lot of fresh water fish. I don't know if that's seafood.
    You live in the lutefisk capital of the world though. Well.... it's probably a good thing that you haven't ingested that.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I love prawns, and fish. Especially raw salmon. That taste.... It's just too good to be described in words.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    I love prawns, and fish. Especially raw salmon. That taste.... It's just too good to be described in words.

Well if you like raw salmon, have you tried Sashimi? The best, literally.
    Do you like seafood?

Doesn't it look SO appetizing? I need some right NAO!

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    ewwwww. I like cooked salmon. Though today my mum didnt cook it enough so the fat part isnt cooked as well D:

I should start cooking fish too.

Well I happen to like Cooked Salmon as much as Raw Salmon. I just like all seafood in General. Sushi though, is probably my highest placed Seafood category, though not all Sushi is Seafood.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I don't like eating raw seafood.

I like mostly any kind of fish, and not to mention calamari, prawns and lobster(only once a year, Christmas).

And luckily, my professor gave me a free sample of black caviar! I thought it taste yucky, but it's the opposite! No wonder it's expensive.

Back