• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your family?

Years
    My "family" or family?

I love my immediate family, meaning my mother and my sister. My mum and I have a lot in common - same sense of humour, taste in musice and movies etc - and generally we gel a lot better than some mothers and son's do. Although when we disagree that can be some scary ****. We're both extremely stubborn too.

My sister and I are very different people. She is a nice and innocent person but she's also really unmotivated and has no goals in life or anything and can be difficult to get along with a lot of the time. We have moments where we get along extremely well and others where our different personalities cause issues.

I also get along well with my paternal grandmother and maternal Aunt as far as actual biological family goes. My nan lives on the other side of the country, but has always been very supportive of us. My aunt might as well live here, I see her all the time and whilst I don't always agree with her she's not a bad person and good for a laugh.

I can get along okay with Dad too if we're ever talking or by some miracle in the same room, but he's done and sometimes still does a lot of things I can't bring myself to be okay with either.

So aside from that there's a few members of my family I despise, plenty I don't even know and an extended "family" of close family friends who've basically adopted us.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    They may drive me insane sometimes and I hardly talk about how much I love them but I do. Life would be really lonely without them.

pkmin3033

Haha, this question depends on my mood. I think it'd be most accurate to say that I can tolerate my family, and that I'm used to them. My immediate family - my mother, father and younger brother - varies. My mother and I have the most turbulent relationship. She's constantly baiting me, and I am NOT a doormat, so whilst I know in hindsight it's immature and stupid of me, I will almost always rise to the bait. We can get along really well sometimes, but at other times I absolutely HATE her for the way she treats me. But I guess that isn't uncommon.

My father - who I haven't thought of as my father for years now; I call him by his first name - and I have a very good relationship, I would hope. He took his depression out on me as a child, and it took a long time for me to put that behind me. Then we'd clash horns repeatedly when I was a teenager. Now, I think we've both calmed down and accepted one another, and we don't really argue anymore...at least, not like my mother and I do. I guess I like him well enough.

My little brother is a tough one...sometimes I want to throttle him, other times I don't mind him. We have a weird relationship; I think I understand him a lot better than either of my parents do, and I'm fairly sure he enjoys spending time with me; he might not be able to talk, but he can still communicate well enough, and he's a lot more intelligent than either of my parents give him credit for. He's like a lot of younger siblings - annoying, but still family. xD

I have a very small family outside of the immediate that I actually know; my grandparents on my mother's side, and my mother's two sisters, and that is it. I regularly speak to my grandparents; I get along with them now better than I do my immediate family...although that's probably because they moved to the opposite end of the country, and absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I had a falling out with them during my teenage years, but I used to visit them all the time when I was younger too. My two aunts I haven't seen for years, but I don't have anything against them, persay. They're just like strangers to me.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I'd have to say no. Such a clash of opposing viewpoints towards everything, so every conversation tends to become an argument. I rarely talk to them unless necessary and just keep to myself.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The only person in my family I have a problem with is my older brother. He is a total dick to me 24-7 and feels the need to bully and bother me for the simplest things. He annoys me to all ends and I'm sure if he knew more of the crap that I've only been able to tell my dad a a small group of friends, he's have more to add to the fire. Plus he annoys all of by getting angry over the simplest things. He is always making a mountain of a molehill when it comes to his problems and always really negative and creating needless drama. And then when he has a crush on someone he become awful obsessive and cries to everyone in our family about and tries to do everything to get with her and then has an enormous fit when she says no or starts dating someone else. He's a 23 year old who acts 12 and I'm gonna be beyond happy when I can finally afford to move out and be on my own. Finally can live my life in peace and do whatever the hell I want.

My dad is nice. Sometimes he can be embarrasing cause he tends to get friendly with everyone, but he's a nice guy. I'm also learning he's pretty accepting too. As someone who's a Christian he's pretty supportive of me and gay rights and he is also more democratic than republican (though he says he's independent). But he has always helped me and supported me all my life. He has had a lot of responsibilities since he has taken care of three boys on his own so he has a lot of determination and is a strong guy.

My other, younger brother, is a lot nicer to me. We do fight and insult each other, but it's usually just us joking around and play fighting. He treats me a lot nicer and also has stood up against my older brother for me. He's a cool guy, though really our music taste and taste in shows are the only thing we have in common. Other wise we're different in most ways.

As for non-immediate family, the only extended family members I have who still keep in contact are aunt and uncle Debbie and Pete. Debbie is really nice person and is always taking us shopping and helps us with things we need. She can be stern at times though, always reminding us of how we need to get a job and look for a job. But I guess she wants to discipline us. Pete isn't bad either, but he's a lot more stern than Debbie and bothers me at times. He is the type to go on long lectures about how we need to make your lives better and be more responsible and find some girl to marry, etc. He does it more than his wife and as I said, it is annoying hearing the same thing from him over and over.....

I have other cousins and aunts, but i barely talk to them enough to judge how much I like them or not.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yeah, more or less. My parents genuinely care about me and love me and try their best to make me happy... but we're complete opposites in pretty much every way. We have opposite moral, religious, and political beliefs. They hate that I'm gay, and said that I'm "going against everything God stands for", and make fun of me for not being masculine enough, and stuff like that. At heart, they're good people, and I love them... but I have to admit I'm not entirely comfortable with living with them anymore. =/

If we're talking about extended family... they're not all bad, but enough of them are that I want nothing to do with any of them ever. I'm just done with family altogether.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    They're okay, I'm only really close to my mom and the rest annoy me most of the time. But I guess they're not annoying people, it's just how I see them.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't really know, my family greatly annoys me. I don't really enjoy their company, and when I'm home I tend to keep to myself. When they try to talk to me, it's a great bother to me and I want the conversation to be over as quickly as possible. When they ask for favors, which is pretty regularly, it feels like a huge burden to me opposed to when my friends need favors and I'm glad to be of service to them. People in my family have a hard time respecting other peoples' belongings. My dad takes my car as he pleases without asking me, and when he does ask me, he'll get very childish if I say no (which is very rare). My brother steals my things and wears my clothes. My family fights a lot, and that's also very difficult to have to deal with. My father is very much the greatest irritant in my life, and often one of the only things that I complain about. He's also verbally abusive to pretty much everyone and his general disposition is pretty negative. I view him to be incredibly rude, confrontational, irresponsible, and a man child. The only member of my family that I can say that I like is my sister. The rest of them have a lot of things about them that, if we weren't family, I wouldn't associate with them at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My family are pretty crazy, I can appreciate a lot of it though. Despite all their flaws I can talk to them about anything and it makes me sad when I see that others can't; so I try to be as grateful as I can.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I love them. They're the ones I hold the closest to my heart. I'd even go as far to say that IF there existed multiple lives and if I were to be given a choice about choosing the same people as my family, I'd pick my mom, dad and sis in a heartbeat. They're the most amazing people ever and nothing I say will do justice to them.

I just...just love them. And am thankful for the fact that they're a part of my life.

Edit: Would like to clarify that my family isn't the "perfect" family that would probably pop up into your mind if you were to read my post. We ALL have our differences, we argue, we sometimes yell at each other and there are times when we won't talk to each other for a day or two. But that never changes the fact that we all love each other very much and things are always well after a while. :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I love my family sooo much! My mom, my bro, my dad and my aunt and uncle on my mom's side are amazing. Extended family I don't really think of much, but I don't hate them. I really miss my grandma who died recently. But yeah.. my family and I are really close :3

Years
    I do, mostly. You would think I hate them considering how much I don't talk to them. :p

Love my mom and my stepdad (even though he's kinda sexist... *coughs*). I really should actually talk to them more.

I don't really talk with my stepbrothers much, but it's always been that way. Still get along with them when I see them, though.

I get along with my sister the best out of all my siblings. She's probably who I talk to the most out of my immediate family. I feel comfortable talking to her about almost anything. I fear our ideologies are getting a bit too different, though... there are some things she'll say about feminism or other social justice things and I'm like "nopenopenopenopenope"-ing the hell out of that conversation.
    (Not that I don't agree with social justice in general, just that she might be leaning more towards the SJW crazy that I don't agree with. And I am terrible at debating. So I feel it best to stay out of it.)

My little bro's always gonna be my little bro even if he's like 5 million feet taller than me. He seems to be doing somewhat well, if not lost in life. But I can't talk, I'm like that right now and have been for like 5+ years.

At least I'm not living at home, though. I might not have any long-term goals, but I feel a ton better being independent, even if it means not having much spending money. If he's cool at home, I support it. It really isn't easy to live on your own these days.

Back