• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your photo being taken?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many people don't really like taking photos of themselves because they don't want to be documented, or something, or for the photo to basically be there forever. So... do you like your photo being taken, are you fine with taking photos of yourself? If so how often do you do it, and in what circumstances? If you don't like your photo being taken, why not?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont usually like getting photos taken because Im self concious, so I usually hate photos of me, I never think I look my best and that my smile is crooked and makes me look crazy or scared.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I used to hate it but now I like it. Even if I look bad, it's a nice documentation of a time that I was having fun with other people. I can look back on pictures of a night and remember everything that happened.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I generally don't mind my photos being taken, though I do sometimes feel irked by camera flashes depending on situation and circumstance. Contrarily, I can sometimes be really enthusiastic about photographs. I like taking photographs with people and on special occasions and events, I suppose. It's nice documentation.

As for taking photographs of myself, hmm... I'm not sure. I haven't done that in a while. ;;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I am not a fan of taking photos and I don't usually feel that I'm very photogenic so when I do take photos, I have to try very hard to not think about the final outcome or else I have to do it over and over again until it's right. (The latter situation is only when I'm trying to take a photo to share in a picture thread or something, the former when I'm with friends or family. XD)
    I don't have any problems with having my photo taken. I've even had people on the street ask for my photograph.
    o_O That would creep me out.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I only hate it when I don't look good. I'm pretty self-conscious on how I look in pictures. When I'm at a party or at a family or friend gathering, I'll jump in the shot and get my pic taken. When it's in terms of getting a pic taken for the newspaper, or for an ID or License, I get nervous, and I end up not looking too good. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I don't mind as long as they look good. At first I dreaded getting senior photos but it ended being fun.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Lately I've been a little camera shy because I've gained a couple pounds over the winter and my face looks all chubby, but for the most part i'm more than happy to have my picture taken.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I hate having photos of me taken beyond belief haha. I'll usually avoid having a photo taken unless I'm in a really good mood and I feel ok - and even then I usually refuse to actually look at the picture and just let the other person decide if it's a good one. I cringe just looking at most of the ones I do have and I've only ever posted one outside of Msn or whatever (and no, it's not in the Picture Thread in OC&D) and even then whenever I think of it I want to take it down.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Eh, it just depends on whether I think I look good or not, which I usually don't. So, no. lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't really mind it that much these days. If I'm taking a picture with someone else, I say ahead of time that if I don't like the picture of me, we're going to take another one. I do the same thing if someone is taking a picture of me and I'm aware of it. I take plenty of pictures on my own. I just have to approve of the way I look before I can be okay with it just existing. Otherwise I delete it. In cases where I can't do that, I don't like getting my photo taken at ALL! Unless it's a reaction photo that the roller coasters and other things like that have. Those are beyond hilarious.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    It usually depends on the circumstances of where the photo is being taken, who with, and stuff like that. Most of the time I'm comfortable with getting my picture taken, but I don't really enjoy it.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I love having my picture taken.
    Love.

Fact is I think I'm really good looking and the more people who know the better, having pictures of me (And I look good in every picture) helps me broadcast my beauty to the world! I don't like taking pictures of myself but I thoroughly enjoy group photos and people taking photos of me and I've been known to gather people up and have them take pictures of me in different outfits etc.

And pictures are good because I can look back on them and remember what happened that day and in the future see how I used to look and so on.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I like my picture being taken, but only if it's on my camera or my phone. That way, I get complete control over whether that photo should ever see the light of day. Also, it allows me to edit out anything unflattering before it goes public. I can't stand it when people take photos of me on their phones and then upload them to Facebook without my permission; I must have the control lol

Cello said:
    Lately I've been a little camera shy because I've gained a couple pounds over the winter and my face looks all chubby, but for the most part i'm more than happy to have my picture taken.

D'awwwwww XD

Her

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Absolutely hate it. I usually just leave the vicinity if I see a camera around. It's only okay for me to take pictures of myself; no one else.

Years
    I don't mind it, as long as I'm told they're going to take a picture of me. I'd like to at least try to look decent. (Depending on how I look that day and the angle it's taken at, sometimes it looks great and sometimes not so much.)

Forget candid shots. They don't turn out so hot. :(

Ayselipera

I used to dread it. There are literally no known pictures of myself from about 14-17. I'm much better about it now and I actually kind of enjoy taking pictures. I don't really like posting them though unless there is only people I know seeing them. I'm not really a fan of plastering my photos everywhere.

Years
    omg this thread, I love it!!

I haaate having my photo taken. I don't think very highly of my looks and what's worse is that I tend to have one eyebrow raised in most photos without realizing it... that or my head's tilted. >: If I take a photo of myself, it probably comes out even worse than when someone else is doing it haha. The only time I'll ever have my photo taken is when parents force me to for some special occasion or when my bf nags me for more pictures. :P But yeah, I'm really, really bad at posing. ;_;

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    So-so, I don't mind, but I'm not the best at smiling. So I may end up with a weird half smile or something and look quite silly. There's also the matter of what and where the picture is going to be used, but most of the time it's okay as long as you ask.....some people are evil with cameras >_<

Back