• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you listen to japanese Songs?

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
  • I do. I love it a lot. Mostly JRock bands. Vamps and Gackt are my faves atm :p I also listen to plenty of anime openings as well.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I listen to more "mainstream" jpop, and not as much anime openings like I used to, especially idol groups from Johnny's Entertainment such as:
    Hey! Say! JUMP, Arashi, somtimes Sexy Zone and Kis-My-Ft2 and occasional listen to songs from a few others. I still listen to Cocoa Otoko sometimes despite they disbanded a few years ago.

I still listen to anime openings, but not as much as I used to:
    Departure! - Hunter X Hunter 2011
    Daze - Mekakucity Actors (as well as some Kagerou project songs)
    lull ~So****e Bokura wa~ - Nagi No Asukara
    Rage On - Free!
    弱虫ペダル - Yowamushi Pedal
    The Other Self - Kuroko No Basuke
    Tachiagariyo - Inazuma Eleven

There's too many to name haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't go for the modern stuff. I like some anime soundtracks, but that's because I like soundtracks, irrespective of their composer's nationality. Traditional Japanese music is my thing, though it's actually not very pleasant to listen to at length since it's... traditional, of course, and so doesn't conform to the Western conventions I'm used to hearing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I wonder why people are calling it Anime Music when they're actually just Japanese Music used as Anime Openings/Endings. Aside from the Soundtracks (aka BGM), they're pretty much sung by Japanese singers/bands.

Anyway, to answer that question... I have to admit, looking at my music collection, it's 90% Japanese Music (I also go for bands that haven't made a song for an anime as well if you need to know), so that's pretty much it. I do listen to English songs, but I'm too lazy to keep them in my folders and just go to the radio to listen to them, unlike Japanese songs that will never get played in the radio (aside from anime radio stations, but that doesn't exist here).

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I did listen to a lot of japanese music when I was younger, and I still do but not as much as before. (Dir en grey, Kagerou, Kagarra,,ayabie, Rentrer en soi, L'arc-en-ciel...)
    I dont' only like OTS. But some opening and ending are just soooo great.
    Wolf's rain don't have japanese lyrics but this is a wonderful OST form an Anime too.

I listen to almost only japanese music form age 13 to 20, and I still listen to it sometime. The first song I listen to was Namie Amuro - Come

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Yea, im listening some japanese song/music ..i dont know what the exactly called that.. haha !! Ive a list my favorite or non favorite anime in my playlist and i can listen much better :) ..i can undrstand the other line @_@ but the others not , haha well i search that in english if had :3 ^_^ . Anyway most tracks i listen up is anime of shakugan no shana i like this sountracks :)

Years
  • I used to listen to japanese songs more often. I know there used to be a bunch that I'd listen to over and over (no examples because I can't be bothered to remember what the songs were), especially back when I was more into anime, but now...not so much anymore. I don't want to say I grew away from such stuff, it's more I just started drifting into other genres that didn't consist primarily of japanese lyrics. Now while I don't mind listening to such songs, they're not the main thing I listen to anymore.

Although, to be fair...I do still have some j-rock songs on my mp3 player. Mostly older (2009 and before) songs, I think most of them are by ONE OK ROCK, ah ha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    When I was younger, I did but not anymore. As far as Japanese songs, I only listen to anime openings.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I listen to Japanese songs all the time. I mean, I am Japanese.

But I don't really like anime music. I only like a select few OPs and EDs. Lap is right about how they're what you hear on radio in Japan. It's literally all there is.

Mostly I listen to Touhou Arrange or utattemita. They're Higher Plane things.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I donnu man I'm just not too acquainted with that kind of music, but I will always listen to music if I think it's good. There's this one cat called Nujabes who made super good music while he was alive, I mean it blew my mind. If you're game with jazz and hip hop, Modal Soul is a choice album to start with, probably one of my all time favorites. Donnu if you'd call it "Japanese music" but it's music from Japan taha.

Back