• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    So easy one here,
    Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?
    Or do you just look at the screen because you know where the keys are off by heart?
    Or do you do both?

I do both :D

What about you?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I don't look because I have memorised where they keys are, and if I see that I'm making a mistake in my typing, then I take a sneaky look but then carry on not looking, .. looking all the time doesn't let me watch tv.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Yeah i kinda look up and down i can never remember exactly where everything is xD

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I only look down if I've placed my hands in the wrong place over the keys. Otherwise no, I just stare at what I'm writing on the screen.

Nine years of instant messaging does that for you xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Thing is, I've looked at it so much that that was how I memorized where the keys were without having to use a typing instructor.

So, for the most part, I try not to look at the keyboard. I find it easier to do so when I'm on a laptop, or when the keyboard isn't in a lower shelf but on the same surface as the desktop it's attached to.

Years
    I don't normally look at the keyboard, just the screen or out the window...
    I am blessed with touch typing :D

Well, I say blessed, more like I have been on a computer most of my life so I am that sad I can do this! XDDDDD

:::Edit:::
    I just did this message with my eyes closed! XD

LIEK I ISH GOD!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Nah, typing's pretty automatic for me now. Key placement etc comes naturally to me and i'm able to type pretty quickly without making many errors.

Years
    Not really. I only look down when I need a punctuation mark because I've always had a rough time reaching for them and remembering where they are.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I only look down at the keyboard when I notice one of my hands slip or something. I always have to look down to see if my fingers are on that bump on those two keys, lol.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I rarely look at the keyboard. I'm so accustomed to typing that I've pretty much memorized the keys.

Back