• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Not often. I usually look when I first press a key, but the rest comes naturally after that.​

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Sadly, most of the time I do look at the keyboard when I type, it's slower but it gives me time to think about what I'm typing. And I always have to think about what I'm typing at least three times. Though if I know exactly what I want to say, I won't look at the keyboard.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Sometimes. 8[ Just because my keyboard is getting more frequently broken, and...I don't want to make a typo.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Normally, I keep looking at the screen when I type, and almost never look at the key board.
    But when I see that I've made a mistake while typing, I'll take a quick glance at the keyboard and then look back at the screen.
    I also look at the keyboard when I'm typing some hard symbols like '$', '%', '~' and so on.

Years
    Not anymore. I rarely need to look at the keyboard when I am typing since I took keyboarding classes in high school. I had plenty of practice by posting on message boards which started around the same time I took a keyboarding class. What a coincidence.

Only time I look at a keyboard is on buttons I rarely use like the Home, Print Screen, Page Up, and the F1-F12 keys.

toxin

TOXIN
    Years
    No, I don't look at the keyboard at all. If I make a mistake, I know what key I pressed and I can easily fix it. In 6th grade we had a really mean computer teacher who made my class type for 55 minutes a day (whole classes).

Last edited:

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I rarely look at the keyboard when I type now. I only use it when I'm typing something that I'm not completely sure of. Like I look at my keyboard whenever I start a post to have the [ for my font size. After that, though, I never look at the keyboard.

Oh, I also look at the keyboard while I'm photoshopping. If I need to paste something or select something fast, I have to look at the control button.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Sometimes I do, yeah. Most of the time my fingers seem to move on their own and I don't really need to look at the keyboard. I didn't look at the keyboard to type this.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    mostly not, now. Though if I'm in the dark, sometimes I get disorientated just because i rely on my peripheral vision just to be sure I'm in the right place on the keyboard. so i might have to just shine a light and look down, otherwise my typing xo,es pput hike ykis.

Years
    mostly not, now. Though if I'm in the dark, sometimes I get disorientated just because i rely on my peripheral vision just to be sure I'm in the right place on the keyboard. so i might have to just shine a light and look down, otherwise my typing xo,es pput hike ykis.
    You basically saved me from writing a reply. I often look for the first letter when I start typing and then my hand just work from there. The more I look at the keyboard the slower I will type.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Playing all those close eyes to see how accurate you can type games payed off and as a result my index fingers know the keyboard like the buttons on the elevator.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It depends, I usually don't look at the keyboard, but I will ocassionaly glance at it or look at it all the time if I'm making a lot of typos that day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope. I touch type for everything except when I'm typing passwords.

Back