• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    as far as i can recall,i used to name mine, but then stopped in fears of critisizim and uncoolness, but i digress...does anyone nickname their pokemon anymore? and how do you feel about it?

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • Personally, I never nickname my Pokemon. I don't mind if I receive a Pokemon in a trade that has a nickname, as long as it's a decent name. :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Nah, I hardly ever nickname my Pokemon. Not really sure why. :)

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I almost always do, i'm not sure why it's so fun. :P

Here's some examples:

Electabuzz: Volta
    Teddiursa: Pedobear (lol)
    Salamence female: Vikasaur (Vika is my favorite Russian or maybe Ukrainian name....)
    Blissey: Ms. Chubbs
    Alakazam: Wizard (Meh, it seems like a wizard)
    Golem: Goliath

Ok i'm going on now..... XD

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • I don't give them nicknames just because I stink at coming up with names. I had a friend once though who named his onix "steelex" (I know how to spell steelix, that's just how he spelled it) he gave it to me and now he's just a steelix with it's name spelled wrong.

Years
  • I was ABOUT to on my current file but I stopped because I thought of Ash for some reason and how he doesn't nickname and I didn't want to :)

Years
  • Nicknames are an essential for me. I love pun based names too much.
    (Female Kricketot) Crickette, (Male and female Shellos, both forms ) Sheldon and Shelly, and (When he finally evolves) Windell The Chimecho.
    Of course those are just the good ones, I have a lot of stinkers for nicknames.

URKNightmare

Pallet Town Original
    Years
  • I only nickname my main pokemon the one that i use the most but i guess im not that good at coming up with things on the spot

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I nickname most of my Pokémon. I think it gives them some individuality. I used to name every single one I caught but I wouldn't mind getting a Pokémon without a nickname in a trade. Recently, I've stopped naming a few. If I catch something such as a Hoothoot just to fill up the Pokédex, I wouldn't name it anymore. It's just a waste of a name I could use for another Pokémon.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I love coming up with nicknames :P I think it gives my Pokemon more of an... identity. I use names our of books, and names I hear in real life. It's actually quite fun. If a wild Pokemon is giving me trouble, I'll name it MR. FAIL or something hilarious like that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I nickname every single on of my Pokemon, regardless of whether or not I plan on using it. I think of it this way - would you call your dog, Dog?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I never do. I never can think of a decent name for one so I just leave their names as is.

Years
  • I name only the ones I don't plan on trading. Like my infernape is chim chim. my sceptile is Greenie (my sister named her.)and my charizard is char char.:cheeky:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back