• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
  • I previously did, although this is when I started to play Pokemon but as of now, no I do not because I find most of the Pokemons names appealing anyway so there is no need to change them. Maybe if I dislike its original name then I may add a nickname but this is unlikely.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    In the older versions when the pokemon's name was all in caps i would re-name them without caps, i just dont like caps lock i guess. (Ex. TREECKO to Treecko)
    That's the only time i use nickname.

Years
  • I nickname my Starters.
    In Red, i named Charmander to "Tabasco"
    In Emerald, i named my Torchic to "Hot Chick"
    In Pearl, i named my Turtwig to "Eartle"
    In White, i named my Snivy to "[WHAT EVERYONE CALLS IT.]

Lol, smugleaf.
    But i changed my heart just to make their names in R/B/Y/S/G/C/FR/LG/RU/SA/E into small caps.

Dotz

Acro Bike User
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I nickname all my pokemon unless they're just caught to fill the pokedex or if they're legendaries. ^^

Aerodactyl - Pterafang
    Archeops - Pteraclaw
    Gengar - Decade
    Accelgor - Axis
    Scyther - Sabre

and many many more~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • In gen I, I used to just nickname Pokemon their names but not in all caps (ie ABRA->Abra). Then I went through a weeaboo phase and nicknamed everything their Japanese name in gen II (ie Xatu -> Neiteio, I think). In gen III, I was still pretty weeaboo and I was mashing Japanese words together to make something nice sounding that almost had meaning to it (ie Flygon -> Ryuuka [ryuu=dragon]). By gen IV, I just named stuff whatever I wanted. Named after fandom characters, named something that made a pun, and so on. In HG, I ended up naming everything after the French name of something in its evolutionary line because I think the French names are awesome. :D In gen V, it was mostly back to fandom names and names based off elements and the like.

I love love love nicknaming and I love getting nicknamed pokemon in trades, too, no matter how ridiculous the name. ♥

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I love nicknaming my Pokemon but I only ever nickname my main 6 Pokemon.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • I nicknamed my Gorebyss on Emerald Bikini becuase the shells on its chest. Other nicknames include, Croc (Totdile and evos) Saur (Bulbasaur and evos) Blaze (Torchic and evos) Rocky (Geodude and evos) and others like Rocky, Beast, Monster, Swarm, Wozza, Icy, Randy Orton I wonder what Pokemon he is Muscles, Brain and many many others so long story short I do nickname my Pokemon.

Oh and on Pearl I named my Bibarel Sorry wonder why?

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I named some of my Pokémon after people, but other than that, I never give them nicknames.

I'm a pretty creative person, but I don't like nicknaming them!

Years
  • Very rarely do i nickname mine.. if i do its because Im usually bored with nothing better to do xD

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I didn't used to in most cases, though there were a few that I did rename. I have started to rename them almost all the time now, though thinking of good nicknames is pretty difficult for me. In most cases, if I can't come up with a name, I'll just leave them as default.

Years
  • Not when it's just a random pokemon I'm getting to fill my Dex, but when it's a pokemon I'm gonna be using, I generally try to come up with a Nickname for it.

~Unknown

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I always nickname my pokemon according to what I think about them..

Like my shiny Conkeldurr which is redish in color, I nicknamed him "Angry Man" because he is red and his angry nerves pop out everywhere on his body :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back