• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you own a gun?

Do you own a gun/firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I own one of those huge rocket launchers capable of killing thousands of people in a matter of seconds.

Yeah. :x

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Personally, I don't see the point in owning a gun. Some people claim it's "for protection." Protection from what, other guns?

Not only that, but I don't know if I'd feel safe having a gun in my own home. The wrong person could get a hold of it (such as a small child), and I wouldn't want that happening.

So no, I don't own a gun, and probably never will.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I keep my stinger anti-aircraft missile launcher around in case something... comes up.

On a serious note, no. But I did make a slingshot the cleared the branch off a tree once. That was cool!

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Personally, I don't see the point in owning a gun. Some people claim it's "for protection." Protection from what, other guns?

Not only that, but I don't know if I'd feel safe having a gun in my own home. The wrong person could get a hold of it (such as a small child), and I wouldn't want that happening.

So no, I don't own a gun, and probably never will.
    There are other reasons for owning a gun than protection. I have never felt the need to use a gun for such a thing anyway. It's understandable if you lived in a ghetto, though.

As for keeping them in a safe place, you place them in a gun safe.

I also remember my father sitting down with me as a toddler and teaching me about the various parts of a shotgun, how it worked, and how it was used. Afterward, he taught me that you never use a gun to kill a person unless you feel that your life will be taken away from you if you don't use it. I'm not quite sure how I was able to fathom all of that as a toddler, but I did, and I haven't killed anyone yet. The problem with children killing themselves or others with firearms is that they are left out where they can easily access them. Once again, the gun safe is the best option (and trust me, it would be hard for a child to even pull the door of a gun safe open depending on the model you get).

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Yep, I own two guns. The ladies love the gun show. I can also set my arm on fire.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I have my SMK B3 air rifle on order, just gotta pick it up next week.

Mainly getting it to relieve stress by shooting a few targets etc.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    There are other reasons for owning a gun than protection. I have never felt the need to use a gun for such a thing anyway. It's understandable if you lived in a ghetto, though.

Really? Alright, go ahead. Enlighten me.

What other purposes would someone have a gun for, other than "protection," hunting, and/or planned robbery/murder, all which usually result in someone getting killed?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Really? Alright, go ahead. Enlighten me.

What other purposes would someone have a gun for, other than "protection," hunting, and/or planned robbery/murder, all which usually result in someone getting killed?

Guns are a good way of relieving stress and improving your hand eye coordination, they are also a good way to make friends (at shooting ranges) and are great fun whilst shooting targets.

Hardly anyone is killed in hunting or armed robberies.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    No,I do not own a gun, it's especially good not to have one when you have young kids in the house.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Guns are forbidden here unless you work for police or go hunting, so obviously I wouldn't have.

And I'm not planning on buying one unless I go to some crazy African country in war or to the US.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    No I don't have one. I'm too young to own one. But I can't believe people other than police and hunters have guns. Makes for a quiker and easir murder *shudder*.

Back