• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you picture people as their avatar/theme?

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I used to picture people as their avatars. I don't remember when it changed, but it's different now. Currently, I just read posts over and develop and image based on what the person seems like. Iono how to explain it, but... grr. Umm, yeah. The best explanation isn't a very wonderfully amazing one. I picture mean people and hacker dudes as guys with a face full of acne and buzz cuts in rooms with little light and white walls and... umm.. they sometimes have braces. Yeah. Sucks. Haha. /fail

A weird thing I do though is have a picture of them in my mind with no... picture. How do I explain this one? Likee... I had a PC dream once! And we were in a park and I, erm, saw faces without seeing faces. I really don't know how to explain it. It's like a blur of someone but completely clear in my head. XDDD I lose. Sorry. But the answer to the question is no. I don't picture people as their avatars. And I hope no one sees me as a Pichu... ok nvm. Pichu is adorable and loved. :D

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    ...yeah. Unless I see an IRL pic, I do.

For the first few weeks I knew her, I actually picture Lily! as a typing Roark-vee. (If you're reading this Lily please don't kill me...)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I know it's stupid to picture anyone as their avatar/theme, as they obviously isn't that in real life most of the times.
    But even then, my subconscious mind still unknowingly makes me picture people to be like that, lol.

I know it's stupid to picture anyone as their avatar/theme, as they obviously isn't that in real life most of the times.
    But even then, my subconscious mind still unknowingly makes me picture people to be like that, lol - until I see their real picture.
    Even after seeing their real picture, it still happens to me a little, subconsciously of course.

Well, if people actually did that, I wonder how people imagines me to be from my avatar.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Pretty much. I won't if it's the first week-or-so of the new one, but after that, and unless I see a real picture, then yep, They are their avvy.

And Lightning, you are teh Pi-Face. I even tried to type Sho instead of Lightning. xD

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Occasionally, if their avatar is of a human and not a character from a popular animé or something. I have a bad habit of stalking What Do You Look Like? threads, so not that often as I used to. :3

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
    Normally I just read how and what they type. Then by that I deturmine how they would act/look. I also look at how they respond to being insulted :D. If they spazz out and try to insult the person as bad as ever I would immagin them with glasses sitting 1 inch away from their computer... Don't ask :P

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    I don't think it'd be hard to envision what type of person someone is from their avatar.

For instance, someone that says they chose their avatar because it looked funny could be viewed as someone with a good or bad sense of humor (depending on the avatar).

I try to use that when I talk to people. A lot individuals I meet through the internet do portray themselves to some degree in their style and theme. Take my for instance, while I have the avatar and theme of an anime boxer, many would probably speculate I box. Or they could just assume I just like the anime. In my case, they'd be right on both occasions!!

Anyways, to answer the question, yes and no. I don't exactly envision them AS their avatar (that is unless you actually use pictures of yourself), but I do try to see them as what kind of person they may be. :)

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I think I probably picture people as their usernames rather than their avatars, unless they haven't changed their avatar in a while and it has grown on me. It's fun to see what people really look like in the "Post Pictures of You" thread, but the image doesn't last.

So yeah, I do picture all of you as walking text. :P

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    I don't exactly see the person as being what is their avatar, but that's just what I see them as online.
    So if someone had a cat avatar, I would picture their account as a cat, but I know that the person isn't a cat (or are they?). So it's moreorless both.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Yupp, I guess I do. That's why I really make mine reflect what I am thinking, and like.. :3
    It's hard not to, when that's all you have to base that person off of, in terms of first impressions.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I most certainly picture people as their avatar/signature banner combos. So much so that I put a lot of work in making my own avatar and signature combo try to reflect my 'inner self as the person/character I admire the most' sort of theme. So yeah, Lately I've taken to putting up a lot of anime characters whom I adore as my signature/theme subject, and it's awesome. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I dont because some times that certain person may have something a bit too girly (well to me) but they can be a male (or are they 0.0). So its pretty hard for me to picture people depending on their avatar

:t354:TG

Back