• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you practice religion?

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
Years
  • I wondered how may people who are religious actually practice there religion. I am an atheist so I do ot have a clue. I don't want this to turn into a religious debate. If I did this would be in other chat. Just a yes a no & a description of what you do will suffice.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I'm not sure if they will allow this but I don't practice a relgeon. I believe in a god but I don't beleive in heaven and hell. I believe that god is more like a greek god rather then create-the-world type god. If that make sense.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I think talking about religion and politics is against the rules. Well anway, I don't practice religion and I don't believe in any gods or stuff.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Actually, I don't think the rules say that we can't discuss religion. We just have to be sure to be respectful of each other and avoid a flame war. I do practice religion, although my beliefs are not exactly the same as the church that I attend. But I do believe in God, pray a few times a day and all that good stuff.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • You're right, ryan. It's not against the rules but we have to keep a more scrutinous eye on these sort of topics.

Anyway, I am a Christian by birth, but to answer your question, I am also one by choice. I have gone through the process of questioning and universal, paradoxical angst that we all do and have come out with the conclusion of retaining and strengthening my faith. I look forward to learning how to expertly profess my beliefs.

Anyway, keep it civil. I've no qualms about ending this if it gets hateful.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I practice Christainity.Most people in my family are.some of my older ancestors practiced Shinto I've been told.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do. It gives me a little bit of security, I think. And I think it's true. I think. Maybe. ^^;

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I am a Catholic, and yes, I do practise my religion. Otherwise, I wouldn't be going to a Catholic school, now would I? My family is a very religious family. I remember waking up at 6 in the morning to say the rosary with my granparents.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN said:
    I am Christian and practice religion. I do believe in God, obviously... Why is this a topic to discuss? It'll only bring controversy and judgemental anger. But that's just me... I can't believe I used that big of words... O.O

It won't if it is heavily monitored.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • PichuSecretBase said:
    It won't if it is heavily monitored.

I'll do my best. But all the turmoil tends to happen when I'm offline. Maybe someone should report this just as a cautionary measure to the uppers <_<;

Duplica

Survivor of Cornwell
    Years
  • I'm a Christian, and I'm extremely proud of it too! In order to grow religously, I read my bible every day, pray every day, and attend church on Sundays and Wensdays. I've also joined the Expressive Worship Team and Puppet Ministry at the church I attend and have became a First Priority Leader at school and the Chaplin of the Beta Club.
    However, I not a Christian by birth... Sure, I've been going to church nearly all my life and my Grandpa was a Preacher, but I go to Church willingly with my Aunt and Cousin since my parents don't go...
    Okay... I shut up now... :dead:

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
  • I'm Jewish by birth, but I don't practice it that much. I feel like my beliefs are constantly switching between agnosticism, meaning that I believe in the existance of a higher power but religion is not necessary to connect with it, and atheism, meaning that I do not believe in any supernatural power or beings whatsoever. I can never seem to settle on one of those two, and it can trouble me sometimes.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Nope I don't practice at all. I don't even know what I am...I think Christain. But my parents and I just say we're "neutral". O.o

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    @_@ There's no need to be so worried about this turning into a debate thread or something. there's ALWAYS a staff member nearby to close it so don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Jesus.. :/

No, I don't practice religion and I don't plan to. lol. I was born a christian, but I just don't find it interesting no more. ^_^ Religion is too boring for me, and there's all these rules I don't want to follow. lol. So yeah.. ._.;

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Greed said:
    No, I don't practice religion and I don't plan to. lol. I was born a christian, but I just don't find it interesting no more. ^_^ Religion is too boring for me, and there's all these rules I don't want to follow. lol. So yeah.. ._.;

I'll make my words yours, because that's exactly why I dont practice any religion.

And I don't believe in God.

Back