• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you prefer consoles or computers?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Pc Master Race :cool:

Do you prefer consoles or computers?

yeah idk all I can think of when I hear the phrase PC master race is this gif I saw on another site

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I wonder if they actually make more money by developing for PlayStation or not. In most cases the answer is no, but I wonder if there are exceptions - perhaps for developers paid by the corporations to be exclusive to their platform.

Regardless, games on consoles are ultimately always poorer-quality products than they would/could have been on PC, even if there are no differences in the product itself - because you are forced to use a controller (instead of having choice), have no graphics options, paid online, and far less functionality on the system itself (e.g multitasking).

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Come again? VNs that are absolutely Sony thing? :D
    Unless you mean the pseudo-VNs that come out on PC.
    I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I counted less than two pages of PS3 visual novels on vndb.org at 40 entries per page (maybe add another two pages each for PS2 and for Vita/PSP). So that's about 120 VNs if we're being liberal with our estimates. Not to mention many of the VNs on consoles are ports of PC VNs and often censored (for example).

PC has just short of 295 pages, putting it at just under 11800 entries, and that's just the ones listed on vndb. That's only about 100 times more.

Sony platforms have the most VNs of any non-PC platform, sure, but it's still a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of what's available on the PC. Sony might have a few big-names behind them, but even many of those are often ported. The PC marketplace for VNs has always been the dominant one and that stretches back decades. The idea that any other platform even comes close to Windows in terms of market dominance in the VN market is utterly absurd.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I wonder if they actually make more money by developing for PlayStation or not. In most cases the answer is no, but I wonder if there are exceptions - perhaps for developers paid by the corporations to be exclusive to their platform.

Regardless, games on consoles are ultimately always poorer-quality products than they would/could have been on PC, even if there are no differences in the product itself - because you are forced to use a controller (instead of having choice), have no graphics options, paid online, and far less functionality on the system itself (e.g multitasking).

Don't be too sure on that. According to this page: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortingDisaster, there have been times where the PC version of a game has been worse than the console version of the same game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Don't be too sure on that. According to this page: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortingDisaster, there have been times where the PC version of a game has been worse than the console version of the same game.
    That's because they are initially developed for console. PC is generally far easier to develop for, and has much more features and compatibility to assist the developer.

In my opinion, console gaming just holds everything back.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I like both equally. ;3 PC games are cool since I can take those anywhere with me, and consoles typically stay at home. I've used PC games to get me through long breaks at school, haha. I guess it really just depends on what I'm into at the time; sometimes I'll get really into a console game, and other times, I'll get really into a PC game.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I prefer PC. Mods, smoother framerate, etc. feels so good. Plus, I can freely switch between K+M and a controller, depending on the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll have to say consoles.

At least in New York, console gaming seems to be more popular, and since this is where I grew up, I believe it might have helped driving me towards consoles more. If it weren't for that, things would have been a little different, most likely!

Without a doubt, though, PC definitely has some advantages here and there over video game consoles, with one being that, while gaming on computers, we are (oftentimes) able to get our hands on video game titles for more of a cheaper price than normal.

Yukari