• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really trust people?

Do you trust them or not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Both...

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
  • I'm not 100% trustworthy myself.

But I'm at the point in my life where I'm the dumb@$$ if someone tells a secret of mine that is genuinely important to me.
    All the same, I don't care if the world shares my knowledge of Tommy-likes-Susie and whatnot.

But I have really wanted to punch myself in the face a few times for trusting a people I should've had the foresight not to trust.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Only sometimes on my friends, even though I have tons of friends, I still don't trust them. I just can't really trust them.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I tend to trust people unless they prove they aren't worthy of being trusted. If that happens, though, I won't trust them ever again.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • i kinda trust nearly everybody i know but their are some exeptions like my little brother i cant trust that much

Years
  • Not really... I do trust my friends but not on everything.

EDIT: I sometime don't trust myself as I don't know what the h*** I'm sayin'.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've made friends, and I've lost friends. For the most part, eventually, I lose contact with people who were once my friends over trust issues with them and then I grow to become rather depressed about it and the like. But, if I had the choice between one hundred or two close friends, I'd go for the latter. I used to be someone who granted trust to every single individual I've come in contact with and that only ends up with me getting hurt in one way or another. Be it someone I met in real life, or on the internet, I've just come to know that automatically granting trust to anyone who comes my way isn't the smart way to go about things.

I'm very picky about who I grow to trust, but I believe those I've chosen to trust become lifelong companions and people I can rely on when things get tough. So, over the course of my life, I've gone from someone who trusts everyone for no apparent reason, despite what they did in their past, to someone who has a hard time trusting people because most of the time, if I give my trust in someone, they find a way to hurt me by breaking that trust for whatever dumbass reason.

All in all, the people I'm close to, my friends, are the people I can trust. If you aren't one of my friends (and that doesn't mean on my friends list on PC or my MSN contacts or something), then chances are, I don't find you as trustworthy as someone I am friends with. But that's only natural, I suppose, right?

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I'm one who trusts way to easily. But you do one thing to breach that trust, and I will burn that bridge just as quickly. It's very hard to earn my trust back. And if I don't trust you, there is no need for me to even talk to you. I have nothing to say to someone I don't trust and respect.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I'd say close friends (Unless it is something I really just don't want to tell) and family. I've never been able to trust someone easily.

If I trust that person and they break it, it takes a while to gain it back (If possible at times).

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Trusting people has always been pretty hard for me. I mean on a psychological level, it's because I am perpetually conditioned to the bystander effect in which it has generalized to me being apathetic to most people. Due to the fact I feel most people will feel the same way about me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've made friends, and I've lost friends. For the most part, eventually, I lose contact with people who were once my friends over trust issues with them and then I grow to become rather depressed about it and the like. But, if I had the choice between one hundred or two close friends, I'd go for the latter. I used to be someone who granted trust to every single individual I've come in contact with and that only ends up with me getting hurt in one way or another. Be it someone I met in real life, or on the internet, I've just come to know that automatically granting trust to anyone who comes my way isn't the smart way to go about things.

I'm very picky about who I grow to trust, but I believe those I've chosen to trust become lifelong companions and people I can rely on when things get tough. So, over the course of my life, I've gone from someone who trusts everyone for no apparent reason, despite what they did in their past, to someone who has a hard time trusting people because most of the time, if I give my trust in someone, they find a way to hurt me by breaking that trust for whatever dumbass reason.

All in all, the people I'm close to, my friends, are the people I can trust. If you aren't one of my friends (and that doesn't mean on my friends list on PC or my MSN contacts or something), then chances are, I don't find you as trustworthy as someone I am friends with. But that's only natural, I suppose, right?

What he said.

Though I can still trust people too easily sometimes. And lately, I haven't had reason not too... that makes me happy :)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I try so hard to not trust people but I do anyway.

That's a major flaw for me, because deep down I know that not a single person in this world is worth my trust, but I'm still a complete fool who wants to believe otherwise.

Back