• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you smoke or drink?

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I do neither. I find the smell of cigarette smoke off-putting (and, you know, there's all those health risks and such), and I've never really seen the appeal of drinking alcohol. Had a drink at a party with my friends a long while ago. It was meh. That's about it.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • Smoking: I got into smoking cigarettes about a month and a half ago when stress was overwhelming my mind. I figured I'd rather do something slightly unhealthy than something incredibly stupid. (Not gonna mention what kind of "stupid thing" I would do but I think you get it.) It relieved the stress--whether this was a placebo effect or not doesn't matter to me because I felt much better. When I got these stressful moments at night I would continue with the habit, and for about a week I smoked one cigarette each day. After the stress stopped bothering me as much, I no longer needed to smoke so I stopped. No cold turkey, no twelve steps, no nothing--I just stopped doing it and it wasn't even something I needed to think about. It was almost accidental.
    Then when I was living with my sister and her friends, we all sat around once and smoked citrus-flavoured tobacco from a houka. It was great--very relaxing and it tasted awesome, and didn't hurt my throat at all like cigarettes since it was pure tobacco (not paper and fiberglass and godknowswhat).
    I also took a hit from my sister's pipe--just some weed residue. I coughed a lot at first and it hurt but I really liked the feeling it gave me. However I was just barely buzzed so I hope to try weed more formally later on. I think it's something I would really enjoy. Most importantly though I want to make baked goods with it. :3

Drinking: I've liked every alcoholic beverage I've ever had except for bad beer and some pinot grigio that I estimate was past its prime. I'm rather neutral about good beer. I love wine, vodka, and whiskey--never had anything else, or even enough to get buzzed at all. I like it for the taste and I wish to try a whole bunch of different drinks because I am a food and drink enthusiast and I always want to try everything once. I do also want to see what getting drunk is like. Not blackout drunk though, or so drunk you keep vomiting and can't move--that seems like a waste to me.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I don't drink or smoke, nor do I have approbations of such. Prior to the controversial subject, I'll always disregard both in any manner and will likely never do either.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Smoke what? Haha. I smoke marijuana pretty regularly. I got into the habit when I first got employed and had money comin' out the wazoo, I'd be able to sustain quite a habit then. Now I'm unemployed and I scrounge for money. And no! Not all my money goes to the stuff. I buy very little now compared to what I used to (I would spend nearly $250/mo on pot, now I spend, on average, $30/mo). As for tobacco, I used to smoke cigarettes because I liked the action of smoking. But those are ridiculously expensive, taste awful and leave a terrible smell afterward. So I stopped. I'm over a year without cigarettes now and damn proud.

Drinking.... Well, that's why I smoke pot. Drinking isn't for me. Not surprisingly, I do a lot of dumb sht when I drink, that I regret the next day. And after I start drinking, it becomes hard for me to stop. Which leads to said dumb sht. But yes, on occasion I'll drink. I try to keep it to beer, as that won't get me too trashed. When I start playing with hard alcohol is when my mind leaves and impulse takes charge. It's also very expensive to drink. That said, I do love a little alcohol buzz. Makes me relaxed.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I have never smoked in my life, yet I have a cough that's worse than the dreaded smokers cough. Cause is still unknown.

As for drinking, it's very rare that I drink because I'm on a tight budget. One thing is for sure though: I won't overdo it like Christmas Day, when I felt like a bag of crap.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't smoke and don't plan on it and I only plan on drinking occasionally once I can since I'm still learning what I can and cannot have with my dietary needs.

I have nothing against people who do either; plenty of my closest friends smoke and get drunk, but it's not for me. I grew up with one of my parents being an alcoholic for most of my life (they went sober around my senior year of high school after a really horrible incident) and going through that for 16 years really did a lot of damage to me and my family. I would never want to put anyone I love through that and because alcohol/being drunk only had a negative impact on me growing up, I'm not interested in trying it for the funzies. I'll drink, but never to get drunk.

Then with weed....idk, but I never found it interesting or something I'd want to try and do so I haven't. Same with cigarettes although I LOVE the smell of them.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I don't smoke or drink. I have sips of my parents wine if they have it with a movie or whatever, and I've had one beer before, but I don't see the point in drinking to get drunk. I don't need alcohol to have fun at a party or social gathering. Will I drink in the future? While I don't drink now, I'm not saying I'll never drink. Obviously I have no intentions of picking up binge habits, but a beer here and there on special occasions I'm not fully against.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I smoke sometimes but I've been trying to stop since my mom found out she has COPD. I drink only when I'm hang-out with friends and stuff. To be honest really don't like the taste of beer. I find it to be really gross.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I drink certain drinks and only every now and then.

There's a drink called a Slippery Nipple, that's Irish cream and butterscotch snops, and that's usually what I drink sometimes. Other than that, sometimes I do White Russians instead, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had beer.. I don't like it's flavor much.

I don't smoke, never have, never will, it's killed too many family members.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • I don't smoke tobacco at all. Both of my parents are heavy smokers, and I absolutely hate it so much that I moved my computer and all upstairs so I wouldn't have to sit in the living room surrounded by thick cigarette smoke. Strangely enough, I have fewer problems with weed than I have with tobacco, and it's something I might try someday (it's legal here, so yeah...)

I don't drink either, save for a few times to taste it. It's still a bit untasteful to me. Bitter, so meh. It can certainly has its benefits as long as people moderate themselves, which is an aspect that people often forget about, and they go overboard with the stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    Recently, I have been introduced to waterpipe smoking. That is tobacco free and flavored and fairly safe.

Years
  • I dont smoke and never will. It's disgusting.

As for drinking, I do. I mean, im not an alcoholic who drinks all the time, but I do drink in moderation.

Years
  • I frown upon all kinds of smoking and will never ever try it, so no. I'd rather not have any of that stuff near me, lol. Would prefer to stay as healthy as possible and not shorten my life 15+ years by getting addicted to smoking. :P

Drinking's not as bad as the former but I still do not have any interest whatsoever. Gotten this far without any temptation to try a drink and it will likely stay that way. Getting drunk has never appealed to me and it's a little saddening to see people here saying others have "no life" if they've never gotten drunk (which I have been told before when I was in my first year of uni).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Smoking, definitely no. I'm allergic to the smoke on top of all the other health issues.

As far as drinking, I can down 15 cans of Mountain Dew a day lololol I usually only have a glass of wine or two during special events like holiday dinners and my birthday. I tend to stay away from alcohol outside of that.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I smoke hookah and drink regularly. This is why I'm going to be dead by 30. Which I'm okay with, seeing as that's when your life typically gets full of responsibility and boring :C

Sir Codin

I don't smoke; never really liked the idea of it.

As for drinking, I usually go down to bars when I'm super bored and I don't have anything important to do later on, and even then only once every week or so. I go down to a bar and have a few light drinks or go get buzzed. If I have gotten drunk, I certainly don't remember it.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    There's a drink called a Slippery Nipple

JESUS CHRIST I AM LAUGHING SO HARD WHO NAMED THIS

I try not to drink. My father was an alcoholic and my mother still is and the way they've turned out has just put me off alcohol completely. I'd had beer and wine before, but beer tastes terrible and I can only barely stand wine. Though, two weeks ago I did get completely drunk. Not something I'd like to repeat ever again, for I am ashamed of that.

As for smoking;
    Tobacco - hell no.
    Weed - you must be joking, right?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't smoke anything and I never will, just a personal preference. It's like, well this is bad for me, but I'm going to do it anyway, even though science has proven how harmful it is to my body... but whatever.

I do drink, though, in extreme moderation... lol I had my first beer last night in weeks \o/ I just drink what I like to drink, which is beer... I don't drink wine or really much hard liquor anymore either. I drink because I like what I'm drinking :D

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Pretty much everyone I know smokes and drinks, tbh. I don't smoke as much as I used to - hell, the only stuff I smoke now is weed and not baccy anymore - but, still...

Back